hdunsheath(or Heather) is a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 2 years (828 days).
Hello! My name is Heather and I live in Dickinson, which is about an hour drive southeast of Houston in Texas. A bit about me:
I love to...
- sing, especially songs from musicals and Disney songs
- read, especially fairy tales and fantasy novels. I converted one room in my house into a "library" for all my books.
- travel, especially in Europe. My mother is from The Netherlands and I still have family there.
- a former home-school student
- Catholic and I attend Mass in Latin
- a Chemical Engineer
- learning German. My dream is to get a work assignment in Germany!
Some things on my Bucket List:
- See the Fjords in Norway
- Visit Indonesia (where my grandparents were from)
- Go to a Jane Austen Ball/Festival
- Go down an Alpine Slide
- See a play at Shakespeare's Globe Theater in London
For Postcards I would love:
- Illustrations or pictures of your city, country, or famous landmarks
- Traditional things from your culture (clothing, food, etc)
- Language-related (I like to learn new words)
- Illustrated Maps
- Anything to do with local history or folklore
- Fantasy: dragons, unicorns, gnomes, mermaids, etc
- Book illustrations
- Anything related to Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, or Tolkien
- Disney or other animated movies/characters
- Illustrations involving tea, coffee, knitting, bicycles, owls, books, typewriters, mailboxes, woodland animals...
Nice stamps and stickers are always appreciated. :)
If you would like ideas for what to write:
- Tell me about the picture on the postcard
- Tell me about yourself - your day, your dreams, your interests...
- Tell me a story or local legend
- Teach me a word or saying in your language
- What should I see/do if I visit your city/country?
- Are there stereotypes about your city/country? What do you think about them?
- Is there a holiday or festival that is unique to your city/country? How do you celebrate it?
These are some ideas but I will appreciate anything you would like to share. Thank you!!! :)