I live in the northwest area of the State of Ohio, USA.
My hometown is Van Wert, Ohio, the county seat of Van Wert, Ohio.
We have all four weather seasons.
The land is very flat, farmland. It is very windy and there are a large number of wind turbines in the north area of Van Wert County.
The population of the county is 28,500. We are in the United States Eastern Standard Time Zone and during daylight savings, the Eastern Daylight Savings Time Zone.
Largest cities close to Van Wert are Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Lima, Ohio.
Van Wert in the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s, was called the Peony Capital of the World.
Since the 1960s, peonies are no longer grown commercially in the area. The Peony Festival is still held every year.
I am a collector of:
1) USA postage stamps
2) postal history of Van Wert County
3) postal covers related to the 1919 US Navy flight across the Atlantic involving the pilot of the NC-4 plane that reached Portugal, Walter Hinton (Walter Hinton was born in Van Wert, County, Ohio
4) 1946 postal covers related to the United States Post Office experimental test flights of Flying Mail Car and Flying Post Office airplanes.
5) Postcard of Van Wert County, Ohio
6) Casual collector of general and worldwide postcards
I look forward to receiving your postcards!
I enjoy local postcards from where you live with your country's pictorial postage stamps.
I joined postcrossing on 21 January 2017.