My name is Tori and I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I am 35 years old and work as a travel agent for corporate travelers. I have been with my company for 3.5 years now.
I'm an avid reader (80-100 books a year) and I could spend an entire weekend vegging out and watching movies and Netflix. I also like to get out and attend baseball games (my favorite teams are the KC Royals, Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs) and visit museums, nature parks and gardens to enjoy some fresh air.
I recently moved within my city and my new house is just lovely. The back deck looks over a small wooded area and I have started to feed the birds and learn all the different kinds we have nearby. I have to bring in the food at night though, or I get visits from our local raccoons!
I have a small container garden and my daily fight against the small predators is ongoing. I have more ambitious plans for a raised bed garden in the future, with plenty of root vegetables and herbs. If you have a favorite garden secret, please share!
I love to travel and in 2019 I visited a few new places:
• Seattle and Vancouver, BC in May for my birthday
• Chicago by train in June
• Minneapolis in June to see the Royals play the Minnesota Twins
• Boston in August with my brother to see a Red Sox game at Fenway
• San Francisco in September with a friend, where we saw a Giants game and visited Muir Woods
• A cruise with my family in December where we visited the Dominican Republic and Grand Turk
In 2021 so far since being vaccinated, my family and I traveled to New Orleans for a week. It was lovely but SO humid! We will see how Covid keeps going before making any more travel plans, though.
Some of my other interests are:
• American football (Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots)
• Soccer (football) - Manchester United and Bayern Munich
• Lighthouses and sailboats
• Star Wars, Star Trek and Harry Potter
• Planets and galaxies
• Building Lego
• Castles, ruins or natural wonders
• Anime and Studio Ghibli (my favorite is Kiki's Delivery Service)
• Gardens, monuments, unique structures
• Old roads, cobblestones, etc
You can write any and all sorts of things to me. Whatever you like to do, about your family or your work, where you like to vacation, etc. I am just happy to get a card in my mailbox. It's a little gift each time!
Any kind of postcard you would like to send (even handmade!), except perhaps advertisements, would be welcome!
If you could, please write the date and weather on your card. Thank you!