Hello, Postcrossing friends!
My name is Lisa. Although I'm originally from Chicago, Illinois, my family and I currently live in the southern Willamette Valley of western Oregon, in a small town about 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean. My husband, Marc, is paraplegic and I stay home to take care of him. We have boy/girl twins, Kenny and Peri, born in 2006.
My hobbies have dwindled since I married in 2000, but I still enjoy reading (mainly non-fiction, i.e., memoirs, true adventure, science, culture), geocaching, anything water-related, and learning about other cultures. I don't get to travel much any more, so I'm looking forward to hearing about the lives of others around the world.
I prefer not to receive a typical "tourist" postcard that shows multiple images of a specific city or country; however, I'm truly open to whatever card YOU would like to send me! Handmade cards are welcome!
Here is a short list of postcard images I'd be happy to receive, if you prefer to choose that way:
* Food, dress, and traditions from your culture
* Pretty landscapes from your area (trees, sea, grasslands, farms, etc.)
* Ladybugs (also know as lady beetles or ladybird beetles)
* Cats, rabbits, or chickens (we have 6 cats, 4 rabbits, and 5 hens)
* Wild animals, especially ones native to your country
* Black and white photography (vintage or contemporary)
* Places YOU'VE visited and enjoyed (tell me what you liked about it :>)
If you don't know what to write about, consider answering one or more of these questions:
- What's your favorite thing about where you live (or grew up) and why?
- What is your favorite tradition from your culture (holiday, food, clothing, etc.) and why?
- What's your favorite quote and why?
- Have you read any good books or seen any good movies lately?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What other hobbies do you enjoy besides Postcrossing?
- How long have you been Postcrossing and how did you find out about it?
To U.S. Postcrossers - Please join the campaign to request the U.S. Postal Service to issue a Postcrossing stamp! Spread the word by adding this info to your profile and then send a postcard (or write a letter) to:
Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee
475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Room 3300
Washington, DC 20260-3501
Thanks so much, and Happy Postcrossing!