Hi, my name is Ekaterina, I'm in my late 30s, I live with my husband in a small town not far from Seattle in the USA. I like travelling, photography (http://amenohitravels.com/ https://www.instagram.com/amenohitravels), nature and art. I'm creative and like to make my own cards, and I would very much enjoy a handcrafted postcard/notecard if it's nicely made. If it's not too much trouble and does not cost you extra, I would prefer to receive the card in an envelope (to protect the card, and also because I collect stamps). Folded cards are also welcome.
For me the most enjoyable part of postcrossing is reading people's profiles and trying to match their preferences with the cards I have. I also love it when people want to receive cards in envelopes, because this means I can send more then one card and add something extra :) If you're like me and also like sending extra stuff in envelopes, I'd be happy to receive anything that can be used in scrapbooking/cardmaking, like stickers, pieces of beautiful paper, etc.
But of course any card is welcome, and you can send it any way you like.
Some themes in cards that I find interesting:
* Japan (anything related - I've lived in Japan for many years and love its culture): scenery, architecture, anime, arts and crafts, people, events, anything.
* Gotochi cards - I love them. I know they are more expensive, and I'll be sure to send you back a thank you card, please write your address.
* Traditional Chinese culture (architecture, gardens, landscapes, costumes, paintings, calligraphy etc). I'm also a fan of Mo Xiang Tong Xiu's novels (魔道祖师，天官赐福）, so I'd be happy to receive anything related.
* Cards with unusual shape or from unusual materials (wood, fabric, etc)
* Fashion, including historical costumes. Beautiful women wearing beautiful dresses
* Beautiful scenery from around the world - National parks etc.
* Historic architecture - castles, monasteries, fortresses
* Victorian, Medieval, Renaissance eras
* Traditional folk events and celebrations, people in traditional costumes
* Fantasy, fairytales
* Art and illustrations: John Waterhouse and pre-raphaelites, Alfons Mucha and art nouveau, fantasy and sci-fi art
* Painted landscapes and architecture
* Star Wars - I'm a fan of the original series, not so much the newer films.
* Illustrations to J.R.R. Tolkien's works (I like the books, not the movies).
Would love to receive Christmas cards in November-December!
I'm not much interested in funny things and sports.
I also collect used stamps, so if you have some to spare and could put it in the envelope, it would be greatly appreciated.
My favorites are a mix of what I received and what I like from other people's collections.
Мне можно писать по-русски :)