Hi! How are you? My name is Kristin, and I am a 43-year-old accountant with 2 shy cats named Jadzia and Nerys. I like diamond painting, letterboxing (including hand-carving rubber stamps), reading mysteries (especially Agatha Christie), watching TV and movies. I am a huge fan of Star Trek, and my avatar is a computer-generated image of me as a Vulcan! I also love other sci-fi and fantasy shows, such as Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, and Stargate SG-1.
I like to go to museums (not art museums), zoos and aquariums. I have been a volunteer at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago for over 12 years. My favorite color is purple. I like many kinds of music, and my favorite band is the Barenaked Ladies - they even have a song called "Another Postcard".
My favorite postcard subjects:
- Movies and television shows (especially sci-fi, musicals, fantasy and adventure)
- Museums, zoos or aquariums
- Theme/amusement parks like Disney or Universal Studios
- Roadside attractions/oddities (like Australia's Big Things)
- Caves, rock formations, mountains
- Anything related to the Olympic Games
- Castles, palaces or fortresses
- Churches, cathedrals, temples or mosques
- Historic places and landmarks
- Haunted places
- Weather related (lightning, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.)
- Hot air balloons, blimps, dirigibles
- Holiday festivals, celebrations and greetings from your country, or Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, New Years, etc. (in the proper season, please)
- Food, especially food typical of your country
- Odd/unusual sized or shaped postcards or cards made of materials other than paper
If you are from the USA, I also like:
- State capitol buildings
- Civil War battlefields and memorials
- Presidential libraries and birthplaces
- MLB and NFL Stadiums
Please save these types of cards for someone else: homemade, self-printed, art, or ad postcards (except for the movie/TV cards), folded cards, or cutesy animal cards.
I love cards that are written & stamped (no envelopes). And please write me a message - I like reading the cards as much as I like the pictures. Your Postcrossing name and the date would be great also. Thanks!