Hello! My name is Melissa! I am 23 years old and I am currently taking a break from my education due to receiving a heart transplant on January 14, 2018, but will be returning to school eventually to study baking and hospitality. I'm also a huge nerd for history. I love learning about other countries and studying different cultures. I'm fascinated by maps so I'm really looking forward to seeing where I get postcards from. I am currently living in Springfield, Illinois with my parents. My mom also postcrosses. I also spend a lot of time in St. Louis, Missouri, so I may send postcards from there as well. I like to travel and get postcards from the places I visit, so I apologize if my postcards aren't from my area.
Some fun facts about me are:
- I love music. I play guitar and was a percussionist in my university's marching band. I also love to sing. My favorite kind of music is Broadway showtunes.
- My favorite animals are cats, peacocks, and giraffes.
- I easily get bored with the color of my hair. I've dyed my hair almost every color you could imagine.
- Although English is the only language I speak fluently, I took four years of German in high school as well as half a year in college. I don't speak it as well as I used to so I prefer you to write in English unless you use very simple German. If you speak German I might write a little bit of German to you. Languages that I don't know but I find fascinating include American Sign Language, Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, French, Gaelic, and Polish. As you can see, I enjoy European languages.
- Because I have a history of heart failure I will get excited if you send me a postcard that has hearts on it. Due to my health, I don't constantly postcross, but I want to become more active in it now that I have a healthy heart.
- If you're sending me a postcard with a historical figure or place on it, please tell me a little bit about that person or place. I love learning new things!
Happy postcrossing! :)