Hi Everyone! We are Jes, Max, Nora the cat, and Zoie the dog. We live in the north part of the United States in a wonderful place called Minnesota. The winters are long and cold; the summers are warm and short. We get the best of each of the four seasons.
Currently we are in winter, and with that comes cold, ice and snow. Some days when it is very cold ( -20 C), we will stay inside and write postcards, play a table-top game or a video game, put together a jigsaw puzzle, or just cuddle up near the fire with a good book. But some days the temp rises and we are able to skate on the pond, take our toboggan down the snowy hill, or just wander through the forest on our show shoes. We make peace with whatever beauty the world brings us.
We met 10 years ago when we were in school, and now we are both teachers working with adult learners in college and university. We like to spend time outdoors as much as possible, preferably hiking, camping, canoeing, listening to concerts, gardening, and exploring our wonderful city.
The thread that binds us together (and even binds us together with you, PostCrossing friend), is that we are positive, happy people. We believe in love and peace, and we send as much positivity out into the world as possible.
For that reason we do not support the current US President. We especially support the impeachment because it is clear that his personal interests are above the interests of the nation. America has a troubled history, but we are here to try and learn how to reckon with the past and move forward in a positive direction. We welcome notes about your personal politics, especially from other progressive Postcrossers in the US and elsewhere. But we also welcome your note if you see the world differently than we do. Civil disagreement can be a positive force for good.
Whatever cards you send us are great. If you have any of these types of cards, we would really love to receive them:
* Outdoor attractions near you: we love to travel to new places and do things out doors. Please help us plan our next trips by sharing fun things to do outdoors.
* Tourist views or any card that helps us to learn about your area
* Map cards!
* Political dissent, revolution, insurrection, fighting the status quo, antifa, women's rights, LGBTQ+, social movements, etc.
* Ad Cards - We love to learn what's happening in your area. Concerts, shops, shows, causes, campaigns, politics, anything that help us see what's happening around you.
* Cats, dogs, pets, animals etc.
* Food specialties in your area
* Book Stores! Does your local book store have postcards? We'd love to add one to our collection. On our travels, we try and visit small, local, independent bookstores. Help us to learn more! If you'd like some recommendations for this type of shop in the Minneapolis area, let us know and we'll help you out!
With Peace and Love,
Max and Jes