JJV(or Jj) is a member in Netherlands . He has been a member for over 8 years (3,113 days).
(Disclaimer):I signed up because my parents (retired and >70) are huuuuge stamp-collectors.. and i (born 1970) like to surprise them now and then.
So my main interest is to 'the STAMPS'. People write often they fear their stamps are not 'new', don t be afraid. exchanging stamps keeps them socially active. (/disclaimer ending)
My Name is JJV, I like cards that are weird, strange, unusual, wacky or just funny or humorous.
(ad cards or homemade are welcome. I'd favour an ad card over a really touristic one any day. i m totally ok with stuff (please no tea, see below why) in envelopes too)
I was asked about this, why i ask for bizarre cards.. well.. I guess even an ugly card can be exciting. .. some become beautiful in their ugliness.
For idees you could check my fav's, but when "unusual" is too vague for you try cards with:
* Street-art/ Graffiti, punk etc
* Asian art (modern or traditional)
* steampunk (or 18/19th century machinery)
* guess i have some morbid interest in skulls and the likes.. or dinosaurs.
* Popart (feel free to include comics to this entry.)
* fantasy/surreal art (Escher, Dali, Magrite, Shupliak etc)
* .. and optical illusions
* collages (people have sent me random pieces of cardboard covered with used stamps. my parents love those .. , be gentle with tape and paint if you would. i'd even be ok with an envelope just stuffed with used stamps)
* multiples (nouvelle images) & 3d cards
* propaganda posters (think old Sovjet, WO II or Jugendstill)
* James Bond, drWho, Startrek, StarWars, GalaxyQuest, Firefly, BigBangTheory, LotR, HarryPotter, TinTin (kuifje, in Dutch) etc
(a good (local) Blockbuster postercard will do just as well)
* a funny "engrish" card. (i've seen cards that have proverbs or slogans that LOOK English, but totally say something else)
or just sent that card you'd never thought you'd sent.
Please,don't use Touchnote cards (no stamp and they misuse privacy info) don t use postage-payed stickers when possible either.. i like to receive real stamps.
(Special thanks to all those people sending rare or special issue stamps till now. I'm really impressed by the extra effort some people put into it. Thanks for reading this profile by the way, i can tell lots of people don't ..so if your cards says you worry i'd like it .. by reading the profile you're OK in my book anyway, whatever card you sent)
extra note; please save the tea bags for people asking for them.. i don t dare to use tea that travelled in paper only .. and i just had a bag 'broken' in the envelop .. making things a bit strange.
Latest profile change... after a card from Fiji i've been in contact with 95 regions. (isle of Man got me to 96)
Thanks to you all!