Hi! My name's Nicki. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan--a beautiful city near Detroit. It's also a college town, home of the University of Michigan (Go Blue!).
I love to knit, read, and role play on the internet. I am a writer, but on disability, so I can't publish anywhere, which sucks! But I'm hoping to get past that someday. I write romance, mostly m/m, but also a lot of other stories too. My first love was fantasy and I still love it a lot.
I love music. I listen to a lot of rock and pop, with a fair sprinkling of electronica in there, too. My favorite group right now is The Chainsmokers. I'm a bit cliche in that regard, I suppose.
I could talk about disability rights for hours--so don't get me started, seriously!
I'm learning Spanish through Duolingo--I'm not very good yet, but I'm trying. I wish Duolingo explained what and didn't just give example sentences, but alas.
I don't think I have a secret hidden talent, except that I read fast, but that's not really interesting.
I'd love to learn about your culture. I want to know about what you do every day. I mean, what makes where you live different from Michigan?
Tell me about *you*. I'm interested in people. I want to know why people do what they do. What drives them. I'll try to do the same in return. :)
Things I'd like:
* Postcards of nature: flowers, animals, bugs (no spiders though), trees, that kind of thing. I love dragonflies especially.
* Handmade cards are not only welcomed, but TREASURED. I love them.
* Free/ad cards are welcome.
* Halloween/monster cards year round--anything but spiders
* Unusual things or places - like American tourist attractions, etc.
* Fiber crafts - knitting, quilting, etc
* Star Trek, music themed cards (I played clarinet in high school but love everything), space, fantasy
* Sailor Moon, Hello Kitty, cute things. (I love Badtz Maru! And Aggretsuko.)
* Colored-in coloring postcards!
*** I'd love to know the date and what kind of weather you've got as you're writing your card out. ***
I'm excited to get your card!