Hi! I live in upstate New York, but originally am from New York City. I have a husband, a young son, and our basenji, Dax. My other basenji - named Bashir - passed 2 years ago. But he is still my love. I especially love Basenjis, Shiba Inus, pugs, Xolos... Really, all dogs.
I love getting postcards - any postcards! (I prefer no envelope.) If you want some ideas:
• Anything bold. Bright colors especially. The more colorful or simpler image, the better.
• Wolves and Dogs
1950s/60s/70s kitsch - pink flamingos, Elvis, bad knitting patterns
• single view historical places & archaeology (I'm an archaeologist!)
• skeletons! (human or any other)
• The Middle East - especially Ottoman or Byzantine
• WEIRD, odd or unusual
• Hot Air Balloons
• street scenes, street signs or business signs
• interesting architecture -close up features
• Old movies, especially B movies
• space, science fiction (Star Trek especially!), sci-fi movies
• knitting & quilting, crafting
• politics (please explain context)
• really colorful cards
• DOLPHINS, CAMELS, FLAMINGOS, CAT & BIG CATS - but I love all animals
• really cute things - kawaii Japanese, children's art
• gotochi or unusual shapes
• anything sushi related
• cultures & traditional costumes
• holidays and festivals
I also don't mind ad/free cards that are interesting and cultural - especially of art shows, yarn or fiber events, theater productions, etc. Handmade, self printed are great, too, but on good strong stock paper!
If you could say hi to Pack 155 - My son's Cub Scout group - that would also be great! A separate, non-registered card is not necessary. Just a hi! But if you feel like sending a special one to some 5-12 year olds, that would be very sweet! We are starting to postcross as a pack, so they will love putting that card on their wall as well.