konfuzedwithaK(or Emily) is a member from United States of America . She has been a member for over 2 years (817 days).
**If you receieve a card from me with a long white sticker on it, know that it can easily be peeled off without damaging the card!
Hello! My name is Emily and I'm 24. I'm from Wisconsin in the Midwestern US but I wish I could travel everywhere.
I enjoy photography, poetry, nature, animals, music, hockey, and other places and cultures. I love to travel but often don't have the money - in my photo I am wearing the saree I got in India :)
I graduated college in 2011 with a degree in literature and creative writing and now I am working as a secretary, but my dream is to become successful as a writer! I like to write poetry. I also speak German and studied it for about 7 years. My family is of mainly German descent on both sides but I have distant Swedish relatives as well. Through marriages, I also have relatives of Armenian, Chinese, and Japanese-Hawaiian anscestry.
Wenn Sie koennen, bitte schreiben Sie mir auf Deutsch, sodass ich ueben kann :) und auch bitte schicken Sie mir einer Wolpertinger Karte, ich wuerde das wirklich lieben!
- pretty landscapes, like water, mountains, desert, glaciers, northern/southern lights
- cityscapes, especially at night
- wildlife, especially rare or strange animals from your area (hint-Australia!) I also really like elephants, puffins, penguins, seahorses, wolves, and platypus!
- coral reefs or other ocean scenes/aquatic animals
- historical photos
- cool architecture - anything really detailed, odd or colorful
- cultural things from your country/area (traditional clothes, festivals, etc.)
- alphabets/language other than English (with translation if possible)
- illustrations/cartoons showing cities, landmarks, traditions, costume (examples in my favorites)
- brightly colored places/photos
- artistic photography
- paper lanterns and calligraphy
- Chinese Zodiac, especially Dragon (my birth year)
- Indian culture - Holi and other festivals, painted elephants, monuments, art, religious sites (especially the Golden Temple!)
- St. Basil Cathedral in Moscow - I don't get tired of it!
- Fauna of Belarus series (I have some already, please check my received wall)
- Polish paper cutting
- Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep, Harry Potter, Pixar, or Disney, especially in other languages
- German comic Nichtlustig, Wolpertinger, Ampelmann
- I am open to homemade/handmade cards! In fact, I would LOVE homemade art from children :)
I will really be happy with most anything though, so no worries :) but PLEASE no ads unless they are artistic or funny, and PLEASE write on the cards! Tell me about yourself, where you are from, or what's on the card. I would prefer no envelopes, unless it is neccessary.
If you don't know what to send, I usually enjoy the "tourist" type cards.
I also appreciate interesting stamps, stickers, or doodles if you don't know what to write.
Happy Postcrossing! :)