Mirjam63(or Mirjam) is a member from Netherlands . She has been a member for over 2 years (877 days).
I'm a 49 year young (! haha) mother and live in Veghel, a small town in the Netherlands.
I started with postcrossing out of curiosity but now I can say that I like postcrossing because this is a multicultural project of friendship, love, tolerance, understanding, peace and many other great things!
(To be honest: I copied this sentence from another profile...(WITH permission), because it expresses exactly the way I feel....)
I want to learn more about everything of your culture and what you think and what you do ...so... tell me everything you want to share....:-)
I work 3 days as a orthodontic assistant. A very hectic but great job, and my colleagues and I have a lot of fun!
My hobbies are: sewing: my own clothes.., everything in a spiritual way..., reading..., going to musicals..., making city trips and of course: my computer and I are best friends! ;-)
I'm happy with every (colourful)card, but you can make me extra happy with:
* something that's famous for your country or culture. For example: Moomin, Inge Look, Buddha, markets, typical food etc.
* Children's books illustrations, famous for your country
* Map cards
* Romy Schneider: Sisi/Elisabeth
* Unesco, but only Europe.(collection just started so every card is welcome!)
* Nico Vrielink (Dutch painter)
* Fiep Westendorp (Jip en Janneke, Otje, Floddertje, Pluk)
* To the Russian postcrossers: I looove cards from Victoria Kirdiy!
* and do you come from Belarus, you can make me extra happy with a card from Natasha Chetkova
* and finally a little note to the Dutch postcrossers:
Ik wil graag een verzameling gaan beginnen met viewkaartjes van zoveel mogelijk Nerlandse dorpen/steden.
Van elke plaats 1. Dus mocht je er daarvan een hebben: super!
You can also take a look at my picasa album and my wishlist http://picasaweb.google.com/117816927671366067238
But...If you cant find a card in that way: DON'T WORRY! These are just ideas!
I'm looking forward to your card and in particular if you write something about yourself. So tell me who you are, what you're doing etc etc.
Sorry...but I don't like cards with only your name or "happy postcrossing" on it! I like full written....
So... make me happy and thanks a lot for sending me a card!!
(PS...on the forum is my name: mirijam63)
And sorry...no swaps for a while: I'm too busy for that, right now...