LoveToCook(or Brigitte&john) is a member from Netherlands . She has been a member for over 2 years (777 days).
We are Brigitte and John and we are a happily married couple for over a decade now. But we know each other for a lot longer than that. We are real secondary school sweet hearts ;-).
Brigitte is currently a housewife being busy at home taking care of our two sons and everything else that needs to be done. John is working as an IT architect and Project leader at a university.
As you probably noticed, we love to cook. we also like cooking together for family and friends. We really like it when we can make other people happy with our food.
Brigitte's hobbies (other than cooking) are to design and make cards, send cards via postcrossing ;-), volunteering at primary school, drinking coffee with friends (so dutch) and seeing the world. John's hobbies are (beside cooking) playing with the kids, reading books, playing games and last but not least postcrossing.
What do we like about postcrossing?! Wel we like the cards, but we love short stories people write about them selves on it! We like it that you share a little peice of your life with us. It makes feel connected with you only if it is for a while.
And the card it self, if you like to look for it, we like the following cards very much:
- cards with UNESCO world heritage sites/buildings
- Royalty from your country
- Cards from National Geographic or Columbus or Nederlandse vogelbescherming
- Oxfam Novib cards
- Rezepte to go (Germany)(not sure they are from other countries as well)
- Inge Löök
- Self made cards that you designed/created yourself
- one or more pictures of the town or country where you live
- people from your country with typical/traditional clothing.
(It makes us feel like we're seeing something of the world.)
We also like to be surprised with a nice stamp. Its nice to receive something different.
Happy Postcrossing from us to you, Brigitte and John.
About expired cards ... It happens.