Kailyis a member from Canada . She has been a member for over 1 year (375 days).
I love sending and receiving mail! I have recently gotten married and moved away from my hometown- where all my friends and family remain. I'm hoping that this will become a fun new hobby for me.
-I LOVE books and literary culture, as well as anything related- bookmarks, book plates, writing etc. (I have worked in a large Antiquarian and Second-hand bookstore for more than 6 years now)
- I'm also a big fan of crafting (... I'm very intrigued by the idea of homemade cards too?!)
- Teaching and Education are great passions of mine (I'm a High School English and Social Studies Teacher)
- Cooking & recipes
- Advertising... i love old advertisements!
- I like anything strange and/or funny. The more bizarre the better!
- Science Fiction
- Horror (think Stephen King, not blood and guts)
- Fantasy illustration and children's books illustration
- technical/engineering related (my husband's request :)
- holidays- especially Christmas & Halloween
- photos of people laughing! There is nothing better than watching people really lose it laughing!
I'm much more interested in Vintage postcards (anything before the 1970s). I especially love old black and white photography. I also really enjoy when they're already used cards (the content, the writing style, the stamp and postmark- it's all pretty gorgeous)
Also, I love READING the postcards, so please feel free to write as much as you like, about anything at all! I always end up reading the card before I look at the picture on the front.
I can't wait to get some mail in my letterbox- that is not a bill! And to hear from new people. Thanks!
*** I am starting a new crafting idea, and I would really love it if you could help me out. My husband has made me a new mail box, and I am hoping to cover it in postage stamps. If you are able to send me along some extra used stamps I would greatly APPRECIATE it!