Postcrossing - Help
Why am I not receiving email from Postcrossing.com?
Do not panic!
Having a valid email address is important to participate in Postcrossing. It allows you to receive emails from us as well as use the private message feature. For this reason, you may be requested by us to confirm your email address. This confirmation is sent through email with an activation link.
Note: You can always retrieve addresses for your traveling or expired postcards on Postcrossing.com by following the FAQ instructions on lost addresses.
Some email servers wrongly consider email sent from Postcrossing.com to be spam and discard our emails. This is beyond our control, but there are several things you can do to resolve the problem:
- check your email account Junk/Spam folder for expected email
- make sure your email account has enough free space to receive email
- make sure that the domain @postcrossing.com is in your list of safe senders (white list)
- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of contacts
- change your email address in your profile to another account with a different provider (Gmail is known to work and the accounts are free)
- check your anti-spam filter -- if you are using an anti-spam filter that requires senders to manually confirm that they want to send you a message (for instance, by clicking a link), you might want to disable that for emails sent from the postcrossing.com domain.
- if you are using an email address that forwards your email to another email account, try using the email address of the final account; some email providers do not forward emails correctly.
- in the unlikely event that none of these resolve your problem, please contact the webmaster for help.