zwergi(or Birgit) is a member in Germany . She has been a member for over 6 years (2,277 days).
Dear fellow postcrossers,
I am Birgit, aged 41 and live in a small German town close to the Dutch border (graag in Nederlands schrijven).
My interests are cultures and museums, arthouse movies, photography, yoga, music & singing, meeting friends and getting to know new people.
I love how Postcrossing connects cultures, religions, generations and most of all everyone's curiosity for new things.
Tell me about how you chose a card for me, who you are, what inspires you or what you dream of. Maybe you could teach me one of your favourite words in your mother tongue. I love tots of text. This personal touch makes each card fascinating.
If possible, please send cards DATED / HANDWRITTEN without envelope
To give you an idea about cards I find most interesting and that might inspire you to find a card for me:
- (old) black & white photography
- macro photography
- photos and illustrations of hippos, bumblebees, squirrels, king fishers, sloths, frogs, pigs, hedgehogs, owls, donkeys, hummingbirds
- photos of landscapes, old trees, food, hands, rain, storm...
- art, especially paintings
- different cultures
- cards by INKOGNITO, Pannenborg, Skowronski & Koch, Atelier Nouvelles Images, Art Unlimited, Wortschatzkarte, Cardcetera Quotes, De Verderkijker...
Was one of your photos (or that of a friend/relative) professionally printed as a postcard? Great! Please, share it with me! I like those, especially if you tell me about the photo why/where it was taken.
You want to send me a tourist card of the place where you live or a place you have been to? Great! Please try to make me curious about what is shown! Do you have a favourite spot, café, restaurant there? Let me learn something new!
There is no washi tape needed or huge stickers.
I appreciate any personal message far more than decoration.
It would be very thoughtful of you not to send:
- folded (double), self-printed, handmade or free/ad cards
- love-themed cards, kitsch or glitter
- bible quotes, army, warfare, patriotic or erotic stuff
Those "Keep calm..." or "Greetings from..." as well as Postcrossing meet-up cards seem to make others totally happy. Please don't waste them by sending them to me.