I was born and raised in Washington State, with a brief stint in California, where I went to college, worked for a while, and then returned back home to the Seattle area. Mom to four boys, love to scrapbook, take photos, walk the neighborhood, and go camping with our little Jayco trailer. I am contentedly atheist and naturally optimistic.
CARDS I LIKE!
Only if you want some ideas... :-) I'm also happy for you to just choose something you really like and share it with me (tell me why you like it!):
- Year of the Ox (my birth year :-)
- Map cards of all kinds - my favorite!
- GF/Continents official AND unofficial
- Lantern Press & Tausendschön cards
- Umbrellas/parasols (anywhere on the card)
- Watercolors & watercolor with sketching
- Moomins, if you're from Finland!
- Totoro and Totoro art
- Flamingos, penguins, elephants - in nature, sculptures, painted, illustrated, or fanciful
- Cards specific to your home culture, including traditional clothing, traditions, art
- People doing needlework or embroidery, textiles
- Or any especially lovely/interesting buildings, lighthouses, nature or city views, including vintage and Gaudi (plus Gaudi art) - or something that you especially like!
I'd love beautiful and varied stamps on the cards. It's so fun to see the many different kinds, from the U.S. and around the world.
POSTCROSSING ID AND YOUR NAME
If possible, please print your name somewhere that the barcode won't get it, and put the ID on the far left side of the card - not the very top or bottom. Sometimes cards have the IDs/names completely stamped over by the USPS barcode. :-( I don't want to miss being able to greet you and register your card!
WONDERING WHAT TO WRITE?
The writing on the card is my favorite part, much as I love maps and Moomins. :-) Tell me about yourself, your day, something special you've done this year, or something you particularly like to do or that you like about your part of the world. Hearing about other people's lives is a great deal of the fun for me, so I hope you'll write on the cards you send! For example, you could tell me about:
- 8 random facts about you (I stole this from a fellow Postcrosser - fun!)
- something that surprised you recently
- a story from your life, current or long ago
- a common saying in your country (in your language if you like - then please translate! :D )
I love sending and receiving a variety of cards from all over! :D Thank you so much in advance. Cheers!