Hello! I got my History degree back in the 80's - and my main interest is still History. I love to visit and learn about historic sites and read history books. So I would be happy to receive any commercially published touristic viewcard showing a historic building, place, person or monument of your own country.
But I have lots of other interests as well... far too many really! :-)
Hence, my favourite postcard subjects include:
- Medieval or Ancient Roman art and architecture (e.g. illuminated books and manuscripts; mosaics; wall paintings; sculptures); old Russian saints' icons;
- Royalty (of any country, past or present); Presidents; Popes;
- national dress; national flags; traditional food;
- steam locomotives; tramways; metros & their system maps;
- container ships; submarines;
- sports arenas, football, ice hockey, any Olympic Games;
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites;
- the Polar regions, the Antarctic; volcanoes;
- Shakespeare; Einstein; Anton Chekhov; Oscar Wilde; Sherlock Holmes;
- stars, planets, Northern Lights, space, astronauts;
- Star Trek - the original 1960's series;
- bats (but not vampires...);
- cats (especially Kotovasiya, Jetoy cats, Pettson & Findus, and the blue cats of Irina Zeniuk).
And I like Postcrossing meet-up cards!
It would be lovely to find any of the above, though of course not essential.
My Favourites are a wish list, too and include only cards I have not yet received.
Dear members in Germany: I always enjoy "Chronik" cards with their brief city histories and would really appreciate it if you happened to have one available.
Here's a very special wish! I seriously collect the Postallove "Greetings from..." series, so it would be a particular delight to receive one I'm still missing (written, stamped and posted in that country only). I already have:
Albania; Australia; Austria; Belarus; Belgium; Bulgaria; Canada; China; Costa Rica; Croatia; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland (have Northern Lights - but still need any others); France; Germany; Hong Kong; Hungary; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Macau; Malaysia; Mexico; Netherlands; New Zealand; Poland (have 3 different ones - but still need: bridge; and seashore with rocks); Portugal; Romania; Russia; San Marino; Serbia; Singapore; Slovakia; Slovenia; South Africa; South Korea; Spain (2 different ones); Sweden; Switzerland; Taiwan; Thailand; Turkey; UK; Ukraine; USA.
"Inofficial" versions are also very welcome!
Please don't forget to write the date on your card - thanks!!
I would prefer NOT to receive anything that is not a commercially published, real postcard... so please NO handmade, crafted or self-printed items; pictures glued on card backs; private photos; letters; folded or halved greeting cards; stickers; "Touchnote" cards or ad cards. Thank you for your consideration.
PS: Sadly I don't have a scanner now. Please feel free to upload your own scans.