I'm a librarian living in San Francisco, California, just a few steps away from beautiful Golden Gate Park. I love the fog and walking around Lands End trail where I sometimes see whales, dolphins, or sea lions frolicking in the Bay. I love to go on road trips, explore the city & visit museums. I admit to having an appreciation for the macabre -- I'm a little obsessed with San Francisco's cemetery history.
Some other things I like: libraries, museums, Doctor Who, Jane Austen, the Muppets, snow, postage stamps, mail art, typewriters, coffee and daydreaming. I dig weird, unusual, quirky, bizarre, odd, or downright strange cards & stamps. No weird cards? That's okay. Send whatever you'd like, I love the element of surprise!
I love it when you write a lot on the card. If you're not sure what to write about, here are some suggestions:
* The last book you read
* The last music album you bought
* Your favorite internet radio station & what kind of music they play
* Your thoughts on the American political situation
* Do you have a library card?
* Do you own a car or use public transportation?
* Have you ever been in an airplane?
My answers to these questions as of 15 August 2020:
* The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein
* In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel (a gift for a sister)
* KEXP <kexp.org/listen/> indie music mostly
* My local public library just resumed curbside pickup!
* No car, no bus at the moment -- I'm working from home during the pandemic. In normal times, I use public transportation in San Francisco & rent a car when I need to go further
* Yes. (I ask this question because I was talking with one of my 80 year old aunts recently and she said she'd never been on an airplane. That kind of blew my mind.)
Handmade cards welcome.
Thank you for your card!