istillbelieve87(or Anna) is a member in Germany . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,737 days).
My name is Anna, I'm 30 years old and I live in Wesel, Germany. Originally, I come from the Ruhr Area (German: Ruhrgebiet); I was born and raised in Gelsenkirchen, home of my favourite football club FC Schalke 04.
A VERY important thing in my life is music - I need it like the air I breathe, I wouldn't be the person I am today without my favourite bands and artists. I consider myself as pretty open-minded, but mostly I prefer (Melodic) Hardcore, Metalcore, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock etc. My nickname relates to a song by one of my all-time-favourite bands STICK TO YOUR GUNS. Besides that, I love reading books, writing postcards (of course!), going out for a walk, doing some sports (lifting heavy shit in the gym), playing video games, watching movies etc. I'm also a big cat enthusiast. I used to be a cat mom from 1997 - 2014. Lucy was one of the best friends I ever had and there's not a day I don't miss her. Update: I'm a cat mom again! Ronja and Piet were born on 28 November 2016 and moved into our home on 9 March 2017. I love them SO much! :)
I think it's important to keep some traditions alive in our modern digitised world. That's why I'm here! The feeling of getting a postcard from a complete stranger is extremely fascinating, don't you agree? Everybody of us has a story to tell!
As for the postcards you could send to me, here are some ideas. No pressure meant, though, every card is welcome. So, here we go.
- equal rights ("Damn right, I support it!"), which includes anti-racism, anti-sexism etc
- football stadiums and players from all around the world
- books, movies and TV shows (I love "Orange Is The New Black", "The Walking Dead", "Heroes", "The Simpsons" and many other)
- the colour purple
- bands and artists
- album covers
- cartoons/anime (I love "The Simpsons", "Duck Tales", "The Moomins" and characters created by Hayao Miyazaki, e.g.)
- video games
- all things connected to Steampunk
- expressions of love (kissing, holding hands etc.)
- Harry Potter
- Percy Jackson
- birthday cards around the 17th of May
- autumn and winter settings
- big cities like NYC, Paris, London etc.
- Medieval times and history in general
- tattoos, piercings and body cult
- Hieronymus Bosch
- cute smiles
- men holding babies
Tell me something about you, your life, your home town, what's on your mind right now, what you're going to do after you'll have finished writing the postcard ... Just whatever crosses your mind! But please DO write something! Thank you! :)
PS: I find it pretty rude not to write anything when you've received a card, btw. I've experienced it several times when I sent a card that I didn't even get a simple "Thank you