dogfanis a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 5 years (2,072 days).
I work in the veterinary field. I love animals, photography, Postcrossing, and travel.
I am interested in any card that you really like. Please tell me why you love it! Here are also some ideas of my special interests:
-Postcrossing cards and/or Postcrossing stamps!
-historic sites & famous tourist attractions in your country
-current events or famous people of your country
-post boxes, mail carriers in your country
-cards with the NAME OF YOUR COUNTRY OR CITY
-animals native to your country
-lighthouses (to compare with my home!)
-cartoon & animated characters (like Wallace & Gromit, Moomin, Snoopy!) Tell me about famous cartoons from your country!
-maps and flags
-churches, cathedrals, monasteries, mosques, temples, and shrines
- shaped or 3-D cards
-red haired people
-unusual travel destinations.
Specific cards I would like to add to my collection are:
- PERU: Machu Picchu
- Mayan ruins
- PANAMA canal
- SCOTLAND: Wallace family coat of arms, bagpipers or men in kilts, Highland cow
- UK: Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Beefeaters, Tower of London
- EGYPT: The Sphinx or The Pyramids
- BELGIUM: Brugges
- CANADA: Niagara Falls (especially in the snow!), Old Quebec City, moose, Mountie
- ITALY: I would love a Vatican City postmark!
- Gottochi cards
- CHINA: Terracota army, The Great Wall
- Any UNESCO World Heritage site
- USA: state cards with state name on the front, Painted Desert, Mount Rushmore, Key West, Custer State Park, Statue of Liberty, Grand Canyon
Tourist postcards are great for me. Do you have one with the name of your country or city on it? I love cards that show your culture! For this reason, I also love beautiful stamps (but I'm not a collector), and I would love to receive a Postcrossing stamp if you live in a country that has distributed these.
PLEASE TELL ME FACTS ABOUT THE THINGS DEPICTED ON YOUR CARD! :) I would love to hear about where you live and any interesting facts about your part of the world.
I don't do a lot of swaps, but I would be interested if you come from a country from which I have not yet received a card or you have something from my specific wish list. It certainly never hurts to ask! Please feel free to message me!
Thank you in advance for your postcards!