Hello, I'm Heather :) I'm married and live with my husband and son in southern California. I've been part of Postcrossing for many years and LOVE the forum! I also enjoy various papercrafts, especially junk journaling. I love paper, stickers, washi, ephemera, etc! I love picking out cards and decorating them to send. I'm very involved in Bible study and love to discuss theology. Recently I was introduced to the Nintendo game Animal Crossing and accidentally became addicted. Ha!
I'm not picky about what kind of postcard you send at all. However, I know it's easier to send to a stranger if you know a bit about them and their likes, so here are a few of mine.
- mother with her baby (people or animals)
- babies/children (photo or painting)
- animals (I love them all!)
- art cards (Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Classicism, Neoclassicism, Mannerism, etc.)
- scenes from the Bible
- people reading or writing
- hot air balloons
- coffee/tea (coffee, tea, cups, pots, etc.)
- weather related (lightning, storms, tornadoes, etc.)
- Marilyn Monroe
- beautiful city or country scene (single view, please)
- city at night
- roadside attractions (the quirkier the better!)
- I have a newfound appreciation for retro motel cards. Those out-dated roadside motels with their funky decor - I love them! Retro restaurants, too!
I used to live in Slovenia but this was before my love of postcards. I'd love to get any cards from there!
I'd also like to see things that YOU think are interesting.
If you're interested to see the cards I've received, you can see my collection here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104718507@N06/albums
Again, I'm not picky - I'll just be happy to receive mail! I'd love if you write a little something on the card instead of sending it blank. Maybe about what interests you, or about where you live or hobbies that you like or dreams that you have or places you would like to travel. Or an interesting random fact or a good book you read! Or maybe your favorite quote or a favorite recipe! Or what was the last thing you ate - describe it in detail :)
Can't wait to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: I use the "Favorites" function as a kind of wish list. These are cards I do not have but would love to receive. :)