Hello- I love getting my little rectangles (or squares or any shape really) in the mail- much nicer than bills. Thanks in advance for sending me a card.
Current avatar - a mural in downtown Houston
* FOR US POSTCROSSERS - if you are interested in lobbying for a USA postcrossing stamp you can write to this address- look it up to get the website
Citizens Stamp Advisory Committee
475 L'Enfant Plaza SW Room 3300
Washington DC 20260-3501
I am an ICU nurse in Houston-. I love to read, go to the movies, go to festivals. My favorites are the Renaissance festival in Houston and the Jazz festival in New Orleans. there is also a very nice Japanese festival here too, and of course write postcards.I like to decorate the back of the card, and have a collection of older stamps (to use on the cards). I have lived in Scotland (im Scottish), London, Tenerife, Dallas, Baton Rouge, New Orleans and now Houston. I enjoy spending time with my 2 teenage daughters- always an adventure.
Can you please date the card. What is your hobby (other than postcrossing). What is your favourite animal and why. Unusual stamps are cool. Amusing snippets and stories from your life.
Cards I like best are (in no particular order)
* The color pink
* Hearts/hidden hearts that appear randomnly
* Black and white with a pop of color - any subject
* Animals-all kinds - land sea and air - from cute (rabbits, kittens,pandas
etc) to not cute (spiders,sharks etc) and everything in between, real life
or illustration. I do like llamas and hedgehogs
* Aliens/Star Trek/robots
* Teacups/tea party.
* Gotochi cards or Etagami
* Studio Ghibli/ Inge ladies
* I prefer people/faces more than buildings.
Just some suggestions. My fav list is cards that i've received and ones that catch my eye,
P.S. As for our current political situation, feel free to share your opinions.It's interesting to hear what other people think, this is what democracy means to me.