MirjamW(or Mirjam) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 5 years (1,976 days).
My name is Mirjam. I am a widow and I live with my five cats (two ex stray cats and three Norwegian Forestcats) and Catalina macaw (Dutch breed) in a nice apartment and we're a happy family!
I am the owner of a financial administration office.
My hobbies include: Photography, scrapbooking (many albums filled with many paper memories from my whole life), I love to read (I'm currently reading: The Book of Joy, by Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu), listen to music (modern and classical). I collect old, mostly worthless, bank notes to decorate my office with, and written information and pictures - from newspapers and magazines - about all European (including Russian) Royals. When I have some time left, I love counted cross stitching (nice patterns are welcome). ;)
Postcards that I'd love to receive (in random order):
* Cats (every member, the small ones and the big ones, of the Feline family is great)
* Alaskan Malamutes, Huskies, Akitas, Wolves
* Owls and other birds of prey
* Teddy bears, real bears, pandas (all kinds)
* Any other animal :))
* European Royals (including Russian)
* Castles and palaces
* Old black & white photos. I love the real old ones, with just ordinairy scenes or (not famous) people on it. When I was a child people couldn't make me more happy than giving me a box with old family pictures to look at. I loved watching the old photos and I still do!
* Anything related to music
* Books, people reading
* Nice romantic paintings and drawings
* Gorjuss and Inkognito postcards
* Inga Paltser, Anastasia Eremenko, Susan Wheeler, Katsiaryna Babok, Ellen Jareckie, Katya Dudnik, Irina Zeniuk, Maria Pavlova, Irina Garmashova, Valerie Michaut, Alexey Dolotov, Alexander Maskaev, Vladimir Rumyantsev, Tatyana Rodionova, Molly Brett, Mila Marquis
* Anything British
* Keep Calm and ...
* 3D cards
* Maxi cards
* Autumn and winter scenes
* Old clocks or watches
* Cemeteries, old gravestones, headstones, angels
* Ice cream, coffee
* Merry-go-round (my grandfather built them)
* Tall ships
* Snow Whites dwarfs (The Disney ones) and The Aristocats
* I also like the idea of postcards made of cardboard packages
* Christmas cards (other holiday postcards are welcome too)
But this is not a must of course. These are just suggestions. As long as the postcard shows something peaceful, you will make me happy. There are so many things I like, and all received postcards will find a place in my scrapbooks!
If you are from Germany: Although my writing and speaking of your language is terrible, I can read and understand German very well. So if you like, you can write to me in German.
Expired postcards? Yes, too many... :( I wonder what has happened to them.
Update 19-07-2016: When sending a maxi card, I might use an envelope (or a FDC). This is because some maxi cards I sent, lost their matching stamp on their trip and I like them to arrive complete at the receipient's mailbox.
I'm sorry, but I will not register postcards I do not receive.