MirjamW(or Mirjam) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,546 days).
My name is Mirjam. I am a widow and I live with my cats (three ex stray cats and three Norwegian Forestcats) and Catalina macaw (Dutch breed) in a nice apartment and we're a happy family :))
I am the owner of a financial administration office.
My hobbies are: Photography, scrapbooking, I love to read (mostly thrillers, novels and fairy tales), listening to music (modern and classical). I play accordion myself. I collect buttons and I collect all written information and pictures about all European (including Russian) Royals. When I have some time left, I love to embroider counted cross stitch (nice patterns are welcome). ;)
Postcards that I'd love to receive (in random order):
* Cats (every member, the small ones and the big ones, of the 'Feline' family is great :))
* Alaskan Malamutes, Huskies, Akitas, Wolves
* Owls and other birds of prey
* Teddy bears, real bears and pandas (all kinds)
* Any other animal :))
* European Royals (including Russian)
* Castles and palaces
* (Old) Black & white photos. I love the real old ones, with just ordinairy scenes or (not famous) people on it. The ones that look like real old photographs that you, for example, could find in the attic of an old house (that's my imagination :)). When I was a child, people couldn't make me more happy than giving me a box with old family pictures to look at and I still love it!! :)
* Anything related to music
* Old books, people reading
* Nice romantic paintings and drawings
* Leonid Afremov, Inga Paltser, Anastasia Eremenko, Susan Wheeler, Fiep Westendorp, Katsiaryna Babok, Ellen Jareckie, Katya Dudnik
* Anything British
* 3D cards
* Maxi cards
* Winter scenes
* Old clocks and/or watches
* Cemeteries, old gravestones, headstones, angels
* Ice cream, coffee
* Merry-go-round (my grandfather built them)
* Tall ships
* Snow Whites dwarfs - (The Disney ones) and The Aristocats
* I also like the idea of postcards made of cardboard packages
* Christmas cards (other holiday postcards are welcome too)
* And of course I like birthday cards in January :)
But this is not a must. These are just some suggestions. You can also look at my favourites or just choose (or make) a postcard you like yourself. As long as it shows something peaceful, you will make me happy :)) There are so many things I like.
If you are from Germany: Although my writing and speaking of your language is terrible, I can read and understand German very well. So if you like, you can write to me in German :)
Expired postcards? Yes, too many... :( I wonder what has happened to them.
Update 19-07-2016: When sending a maxi card, I might use an envelope. This is because some maxi cards I sent, lost their matching stamp on their trip and I like them to arrive complete at the receipient's mailbox :)
I like to let you know that:
I will not register cards I do not receive and I don't expect you to register anything from me that you don't receive.