MirjamW(or Mirjam) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 5 years (1,911 days).
My name is Mirjam. I am a widow and I live with my five cats (two ex stray cats and three Norwegian Forestcats) and Catalina macaw (Dutch breed) in a nice apartment and we're a happy family!
I am the owner of a financial administration office.
My hobbies include: Photography, scrapbooking (many albums filled with many paper memories from my whole life), I love to read (mostly thrillers, novels and fairy tales), listen to music (modern and classical). I collect written information and pictures - from newspapers and magazines - about all European (including Russian) Royals. When I have some time left, I love counted cross stitching (nice patterns are welcome). ;)
Postcards that I'd love to receive (in random order):
* Cats (every member, the small ones and the big ones, of the Feline family is great)
* Alaskan Malamutes, Huskies, Akitas, Wolves
* Owls and other birds of prey
* Teddy bears, real bears, pandas (all kinds)
* Any other animal :))
* European Royals (including Russian)
* Castles and palaces
* Old black & white photos. I love the real old ones, with just ordinairy scenes or (not famous) people on it. When I was a child people couldn't make me more happy than giving me a box with old family pictures to look at. I loved watching the old photos and I still do!
* Anything related to music
* Books, people reading
* Nice romantic paintings and drawings
* Inga Paltser, Anastasia Eremenko, Susan Wheeler, Fiep Westendorp, Katsiaryna Babok, Ellen Jareckie, Katya Dudnik, Irina Zeniuk, Maria Pavlova, Irina Garmashova, Valerie Michaut, Alexey Dolotov, Alexander Maskaev, Vladimir Rumyantsev, Tatyana Rodionova
* Anything British
* Keep Calm and ...
* 3D cards
* Maxi cards
* Autumn and winter scenes
* Old clocks or watches
* Cemeteries, old gravestones, headstones, angels
* Ice cream, coffee
* Merry-go-round (my grandfather built them)
* Tall ships
* Snow Whites dwarfs (The Disney ones) and The Aristocats
* I also like the idea of postcards made of cardboard packages
* Christmas cards (other holiday postcards are welcome too)
But this is not a must of course. These are just suggestions. As long as the postcard shows something peaceful, you will make me happy. There are so many things I like!
If you are from Germany: Although my writing and speaking of your language is terrible, I can read and understand German very well. So if you like, you can write to me in German.
Expired postcards? Yes, too many... :( I wonder what has happened to them.
Update 19-07-2016: When sending a maxi card, I might use an envelope (or a FDC). This is because some maxi cards I sent, lost their matching stamp on their trip and I like them to arrive complete at the receipient's mailbox.
I like to let you know that:
I will not register cards I do not receive and I don't expect you to register anything from me that you don't receive.