Dear friend, I am so pleased to meet you here :D
Being a librarian, I really love books and reading. I can wander in a bookstore for hours. I like to watch movies and televison series like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Outlander etc. My most favourite serie at the moment is The Handmaid’s Tale! I’m reading the book right now.
I am married and mother of 2 adult children. I like to travel, love to go to the (movie)theater and live concerts and I love jazz music a lot. Recently I started taking piano lessons.
I really enjoy reading a book, drinking tea, coffee or some wine in our garden.
As soon as I started postcrossing I realised I don't only like to receive postcards, but I ever so much love to choose a postcard & nice stamps for someone else.
From now on (2019-06-20) I am putting numbers on the cards that I send. It means it is the xth card I am sending.
If you send a postcard in an evelope, I will be so happy if you enclose some used stamps of your country or any other country (including the Netherlands). I want to surprise my father 87 years of age) who collects them, with lots of foreign stamps from all over the world on his comming birthday. So I will be thrilled to receive any kind of used stamps.
Here is a choice of cards I especially like, just in case you need some inspiration of what to send:
- PICTURES OF READING WOMEN!!!
And from here in no particular order ;-)
- pictures with (old) books
- Tausendschön postcards
- Jugendstill postcards (e.g. Mucha)
- cards with paintings by Sir Lourens Alma Tadema, John Singer Sargent, Henk Helmantel, John William Waterhouse etc.
- modern art or architecture
- photographs from Robert Doisneau, Man Ray, Francesca Woodman
- jazz music
- letters, fountainpens,
- typewriters or sewingmachines
- birdhouses or nesting boxes
- frogs, chickens or bears (only photo's please, no drawings)
- (old) graveyards, cemetaries or gravestones
- anything related to coffee or tea (brands, coffee- or teacups etc.)
- anything related to chocolate
- maxicards (cards with matching stamp on the front)
- old ladies by Inge Löök
- Postallove: Greetings from ...
- Keep calm and ...
- Gotochi cards
- from Russia: Russian beauty's
- from Japan: cherry blossoms
- snail mail or mail art
But any card you want to send me is appreciated (however you may want to send tourist cards to people that appreciate them more than I will ...). Sorry!
Please write the date on the postcard that you send and please, if possible, send me only regular sized cards, because I keep them in an album with plastic sleeves.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MY FAVOURITE CARDS ARE CARDS I HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED!
I am looking forward to receiving your card and reading some words from you. Tell me things about yourself, recommend me a song, a book, a film or a place to visit. A bit more than "Happy Postcrossing" would be nice ;-)
Wishing you many happy postcrossing moments!