Hello everyone :-)
My name is Yvonne, and I live in the south of Germany. When I came across the Postcrossing project, I loved the idea so much I had to sign up right away.
I'm a secretary assistant by profession, and in my spare time I enjoy traveling, sewing, reading, music, photography, writing letters, geocaching, camping, cycling, swimming, and my regular workouts at the gym (to make up for long hours in the office). I live with my girlfriend and our 15-year-old Labrador-mix Emma.
I'll be happy about every single postcard that finds its way into my mailbox, especially if they have a special connection with you, your corner of the globe, or your favorite things :-) I love the typical "tourist" cards, for example, because although I am a passionate traveler, I probably won't live long enough to see ALL the beautiful places out there :-) So traveling virtually - through postcards - is great! I 'll be curious to read whatever you are willing to share about yourself, your life, the place you live, what makes you tick! I love music, and am always passionate about discovering new tunes from around the world, so if you have a favorite artist in your own country, please let me know who they are :-)
Here are some ideas for postcards/themes that I like, too:
- Singapore members: please send me cards of tourist spots, local landscapes, anything that has to do with your country :-)
- Postcrossing cards
- buddhism/Dalai Lama/Nepal/Tibet
- KEEP CALM and...
- Anne Stokes
- bikes, books, letterwriting, mailboxes, geocaching
- LGBT (also cards from LGBT movies)
- camping/caravan/camper/Vespa/VW Beetle
- Barack Obama, John F. Kennedy
- mooses, polar bears, wolves, dolphins, whales, koalas...
- Nordkapp/The North Cape (sent/stamped there), arctic regions/themes
- traditional costumes, food, festivities, holidays, signs from your region/country
- Aurora Borealis/Australis
- mermaids, unicorns, fairies
- archery/Greek mythology: Goddess Artemis
I register postcards the day I recieve them.
Happy postcrossing :-)