Gerda-RD(or Gerda) is a member in Netherlands . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,538 days).
Hello!! My name is Gerda, I'm married and we have 2 kids. We live in a little village called Garrelsweer with about 600 other people. This village is in the north of the Netherlands in the province Groningen. You can see more of our little village on our site www.garrelsweerinfo.nl. I work 3 days a week at the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Autority. I do also voluntary work by our dorpshuis (= community centre and no connection with churches). I love animals, so we have 2 cats, 2 chickens, 1 guinea pig and 1 rabbit. I've been born at a farm with cows, sheep, horses, goats, rabbits, chickens, peacocks, dogs and cats. Maybe that's why I love animals.
My hobby's are:
- collecting stamps from all over the world. I hope to get the stamps specially for postcrossing or other nice stamps.
- collecting the special 2 euro coins.
- www.eurobilltracker.com. You can put in your eurobill and see if someone else did the same.
- reading books. I like Donna Leon, Carol Drinkwater, Santa Montefiore, Tamara McKinley and others.
- music from the 70's and 80's are also favorite. Abba is still my big favorite! I like the Dutch "palingsound" like The Cats, BZN, Jan Smit etc. The music in our dialect Gronings I also love very much. We talk this dialect as much as possible. A lot of young people don't talk it anymore.
- making jigsaws puzzles from 1000 pieces and drawned by Jan van Haasteren and the Wasgij-puzzles.
- and I'm active on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/gerda.remmingadoornbos) with family, friends and others and I play some games.
When you send me a cart with nice stamps.
I like cards from
- your own city
- the royal family from your country, except Russia because I've got many cards of Nicolas and his family
- cards from Irina Zeniuk (teamwork from 2010 I've got 3 times)
- with books
- label of the local drinks
- cards with one or more letterboxes.
- cards with a tekst in your language, with your translation on the other site
- if you don't know now, look at my favorites: it's my wishing list.
- please send cards from your own country.
- meeting-cards from Postcrossing
- and please try to send nice stamps on the card you send me instead of post office strips.
Special request for stamps if it's possible:
- the horses-stamps from Great Brittan
- the children from the Belgium royals.
- the stamps from march 2016 from the royal family from Luxumburg
- Luxtram in Luxemburg (2017)
- the Swedish royal family
- the stamp Götterdämmerung from Germany
Please, as I collect stamps could you send your card in an envelope (if it's not more expansive for you, of course):
- I could steam stamps off easily without deteriorating the card and the stamp
- and your card will travel faster (our post works well, but focuses its priority not on postcards)
When you send me a card, I read always your profile to see who is the sender of my card.
A tip for you:
- When you don't know the ID, go to: Help -> F.A.Q.