I´m Dorothee from Sindelfingen in south-west Germany, and I´ve always loved exchanging letters and cards with people from around the globe. I´ve had many penfriends from as far apart as Finland and New Zealand, and I enjoy being in contact with people from all around the world and learning about their countries, cultures and languages.
Fortunately, I have lots of opportunities to do this in my job because I teach German to immigrants. I also love to practise English and French, and so I´m happy whenever I can do that - for example on Postcrossing!
If you like, tell me about some specifics of your own language, okay? For example something which is completely different from English.
I really look forward to learning about that! Languages are so fascinating to me.
If you can tell me a proverb, idiom or metaphor in your language - or if you even have a card with one - I´d be very happy.
I also like wise sayings (aphorisms) very much.
And, if you like, you could also tell me what you are thankful for - what makes you happy.
Cards I like in particular are
- children and people in general
(I often use cards of people in my classes)
- famous female scientists, explorers, ... (e.g. the series "Women in Science" or "Inspiring Women")
- street art (Banksy, ...)
- extraordinary nature + phenomena, for example aurora borealis
- anything to do with Britain (Royal Family, ...)
- funny (black & white) cards
- hedgehogs, racoons, bears
- Beatrix Potter + similar children´s book illustrations
- alphabets + calligraphy
- aphorisms, quotes, puns, ...
- historic advertising posters
- pictures of postboxes, postmen/-women or people posting letters (for example you posting a card at your local postbox!)
Thank you very much and