Destiny62(or Janien) is a member in Belgium . She has been a member for over 3 years (1,424 days).
I have always been writing and sending postcards. It is a way to keep in touch with friends who live abroad, to get some structure in the thoughts that get lost in my mind, to have moments of reflection. I have kept diaries since I can remember, still have them all, and it can be quite confronting to read in them after years have passed.
I am interested in too many things, so I have lots of activities, mostly after hours and during the weekends.
Things I love:
- go running as often as I can
- having coffee in one of the coffee houses in Vienna and forget time
- eating out in the company of friends and talk the evening away
- visiting garden fairs to get ideas for my own garden and then never apply them
- drawing and painting, expressing myself in colour or black and white
- flea and antique markets to find and take home something I don't need but fall in love with on the spot
- working in the garden when I'm in a bad mood to get rid of the negative energy
- discover cemeteries wherever I go
- postcard "hunting"
- listen to life stories of people and try to help them out when asked for advice or an opinion
- watch the sunset in autumn
- looking at the stars wondering if anyone or anything is looking back
You can send me cards with
- single view images of your village, town or country
- beaches, sunsets, night views
- owls, foxes, wolves
- trees, parks, forests
- art, architecture
- gardens, flowers, botanical drawings
- black and white
- stars, universe, astronomy, (full) moon
but any card is welcome.
Please write something about yourself, your life, your dreams, your disappointments, or about anything that occupies your mind at the time of writing the card.
I am fascinated by languages, words, handwriting and the people behind all of this.
A date on the card will be appreciated.
Looking forward to finding your card in my mailbox!