Destiny62(or Janien) is a member in Belgium . She has been a member for over 3 years (1,155 days).
I have always been writing and sending postcards. It is a way to keep in touch with friends who live abroad, to get some structure in the thoughts that get lost in my mind, to have moments of reflection. I have kept diaries since I can remember, still have them all, and it is amazing to read in them after years have passed.
I am interested in too many things, so I have lots of activities, mostly after hours and during the weekends.
Things I love:
- go running as often as I can
- have coffee in one of the coffee houses in Vienna and forget time
- eating out in the company of friends and talk the evening away
- visiting garden fairs to get ideas for my own garden and then never apply them
- drawing and painting, express myself in colour or black and white
- flea and antique markets to find and take home something I don't need but fall in love with on the spot
- work in the garden when I'm in a bad mood to get rid of the negative energy
- discover cemeteries wherever I go
- postcard "hunting"
- listen to life stories of people and try to help them out when asked for advice or an opinion
- watch the sunset in autumn
You can send me cards with
- single view images of your village, town or country
- beaches, sunsets, night views, full moon
- art, architecture
- gardens, flowers, botanical drawings
- black and white
- parks, forests
but any card is welcome.
Please write something about yourself, your life, something personal. I am fascinated by languages, words, handwriting and the people behind all of this. A date on the card will always be appreciated.
Looking forward to find your card in my mailbox!