Broe(or Katrin) is a member in Germany . She has been a member for over 4 years (1,520 days).
Hello dear reader of my profile,
First of all: Thanks to everyone around the world who helped with the wedding present and with the collection of birthday cards. It's much appreciated! :)
A little bit about me:
My name is Katrin, I'm 33 years old and from Germany. I have also lived abroad in Dublin, Ireland and Poznań, Poland.
Languages are interesting to me, so please feel free to send me a postcard with a message in your language with translation to English or German.
Other than postcrossing I love to
- read (e.g. "Hunting and Gathering" by Anna Gavalda, the books of the "Darkover series" by Marion Zimmer Bradley, books by Cecelia Ahern and Henning Mankell, "The Dark Tower" series by Stephen King, The "Discworld Novels" by Terry Pratchett or "The Ringmaster's Daughter" by Jostein Gaarder),
- listen to music (e.g. Bright Eyes, Queen, R.E.M., Simon & Garfunkel, Flogging Molly, etc.),
- watch TV (My favourite ever series is "Breaking Bad") and
- movies (e.g. "Welcome to the Sticks", "The Intouchables", "Inside I'm dancing", "Song for a Raggy Boy", "Mary and Max" or "Good Bye, Lenin!"),
- sing in a gospel choir (just started recently :) )
- to travel (everywhere!) and
- to spend time with my husband, family and friends.
It would be interesting to read what you like to do in your free time, if you know any of my above mentioned favourites and if so, if you like them, too :)
One of my favourite parts of postcrossing (besides receiving cards) is sending postcards: reading your profile, your wishes, browsing through your cards and favourites - and finding the perfect postcard for you and adding an interesting message. I hope that works :)
I hope you would do the same for me, so to give you some clues here are all of my favourite themes I can think of right now:
- Aaron Paul aka Jesse Pinkman
- Airlines, Airplanes and Airports
- Aurora (polar light)
- Beautiful landscapes (e.g. Tuscany)
- Breaking Bad
- Conor Oberst (of the band Bright Eyes)
- Dia de los Muertes
- Enigma machines
- Gaelic Football
- Guitars (for my husband)
- Incognito cards
- Lali cards
- Old Ladies cards by Inge Löök
- Redheads (am one myself)
- Witches, unicorns, dragons and the like
You could also check my favourites to see what I prefer. It would be great if you could check that I haven't received the card you intend to send.
I might add, I'm not so much into postcards with cats, dogs and city views as well as multiple pictures and folded cards.
Thanks very much for your consideration.