Hello, I'm Victoria, and I live in Cardiff. Although I live in Wales, I'm English and grew up in a small town in Suffolk. I work as a social researcher (which suits me as I like finding out about things), and have recently completed a Doctorate in Sociology. I joined postcrossing at the end of last year after I found out about it on the Day Zero Project website, and I'm now hooked!
I've always enjoyed writing postcards. When I was growing up and holidaying with my parents, I used to help my Mum pick out nice postcards to send to family and friends. Postcrossing means that I can write postcards most days now!
My hobbies include reading novels, films, going out for meals (I'm a vegetarian and I enjoy trying lots of different food from around the world), walking, taking photos, collecting perfume (a perfumista!), drinking lots of cups of tea, and making trips back home to Suffolk.
As for postcards, something that shows the area you live in would be nice. Some ideas of the kinds of things that I'd like are (in no particular order):
- towers, lighthouses, windmills, castles, forts, or buildings/architecture
- countryside scenes, trees, flowers, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, mountains, coastal views
- wildlife and birds particular to where you live
- sunset views
- pictures with the moon/moonlight in it
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- capital cities
- local customs or crafts, national dress
- rainbows, thunderstorms, mist, northern lights
- anything related to tea (for example, tea plantations, teapots, people drinking tea)
- russian dolls
- If you're sending from Mauritius, I'd love to receive a postcard with a map of the island, or the waterlilies at Pamplemouses gardens
- postcards of Frida Kahlo paintings
- views with fireworks in the sky
- now that it's the dark and dreary British winter here, I'd really appreciate postcards with nice, sunny views, if you're sending from a place in the sun
If you're sending from the US, a postcard which has your State's name on it would be fab.
I'd also like to receive postcards that I've added to my favourites (although some of my favourites are postcards that I've already received from others, and some are ones that others have received).
Or, I'd also be really happy if you surprise me with something else that you'd like to send!
There's quite a big gap between my sent and received postcards because I suspended my account before going on holiday and then found out that I'll be moving house. My account is now active once again because I've moved, and living in my new home.
Ten expired postcards.