I’m Rosi from Germany and I'm 29 years old. Being 29 has been the best 12 years of my life! ;-)
My passion are languages. By profession, I’m an interpreter for French, Spanish and Portuguese. I learnt some Italian at school and currently, I’m trying to learn Swedish which I love. A few years back, I worked as a translator but now, I’m part of an international team in customer service and I enjoy spending my days in the company of people of different personalities, backgrounds and nationalities.
I spent 10 months in Madrid, Spain during my studies (1999/2000) and 3 years working in Sheffield, England from April 2008 to May 2011. My fiancé who is a Postcrosser, too, is French. This is his profile: http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Flight_of_Icarus . At home, we speak French.
Together, we enjoy going to museums, art exhibitions and on weekend trips to explore our region. We both love the European Union and the opportunities it gives us.
I’m a supporter of equal rights, and treating others with tolerance and respect is an important aspect of my life. I don’t like to be judged on a first impression and when I get to know someone new, my picture of them forms slowly.
I take life as little seriously as possible and laugh a lot which helps me not to go insane in this crazy world. Sometimes, I enjoy half an hour of a completely nonsense conversation as this can be very relaxing. But don’t get me wrong: Everything I do, I do with love and care and I’m a supportive friend.
I’ve been a vegetarian for 29 years and would like to be a vegan some day but can’t quite manage to give up cheese and milk chocolate yet. One of my idols is German vegan chef and cookbook author Jérôme Eckmeier.
My biggest dreams in life are shaking hands with my favourite singer Patrick Bruel (I've seen him on stage 3 times), writing a love novel and visiting India. Supportive words for any of these goals are more than welcome.
My wishlist for cards:
- Small IDs (rare countries): Please, please, please touristy cards only if possible.
- Anything Jane Austen related (she's my favourite author!)
- Anything that has spontaneously come to your mind reading my profile
- Anything from my favourites
- Veggie food and needle works / fabrics (of your country or in general)
- Anything touristy (especially breathtaking landscapes, famous sights, people in traditional clothes)
- seals, prairie dogs, raccoons, big cats
- Hindi films (1995 – present)
- Japanese shoujo (girls’) mangas
- the colour blue
- Occasionally, I wouldn’t mind finding a handsome man or a pilot in uniform in my letter box. :-P
- Aus D: gern Chronikkarten und Map Cards :-)
My big Postcrossing dream is to receive a card from Bora Bora, especially one of those in my favourites. :-D
You don’t have any of these? Any card chosen with love will make my day!! But no snakes, please.
PS: My most popular card: http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/DE-1124911
Do you like it, too?