My name is Marianne and I live in Tilburg, the county of Noord-Brabant, in the south of the Netherlands with my husband (Toine) and a black and white cat, called SamSam. On my profile-photo you see my other cat, called Sarah, a.k.a. TaTi. She passed away on april 27th 2013. I loved her so much that I can't remove her photo from my profile.
How do I spent my week? Well, at first I have my job. In my spare time I love reading (fantasy), gardening (we have a little garden), shopping with husband and/or friends and watching TV (Lord of the Rings, Mama Mia, Pride and Prejudice, the Big Bang and series about cooking and buying, selling and building houses).
l like funny and cute cards, cards that put a smile on your face, spiritual cards and cards but you can also suprise me: have a look at my favourites.
Often people ask: tell something about your city or county or country. Well, here are some facts and figures about the Netherland (nòt Holland):
- the largest city is Amsterdam with 810.000 inhabitants, the smallest is Bronkhorst with 157 inhabitants
- oldest man in 2014 was 106 years old, the oldest woman was 111 years;
- there are more bicycles than people: 18.000.000 bicycles, 16.000.000 people;
- nummer of cars 8.000.000;
* 1. Macao: 19.500/km2;
* 28. The Netherlands: 406/km2;
* 237. Greenland: 0,003/km2
- lowest point: -6.76 meters below see-level, highest point: + 313 meters above see-level;
* temperature: 10,2 Celsius,
* hours sun in a year: 1600;
* rain in a year: 830 mm.
Finally some words in English, Dutch and Tilburgs (my home-town):
Goodbye Tot Ziens, Houdoe;
Pity, Jammer, Sund,
Fool. Idioot, koekwaus
Bungler Prutser. Braoierd
Sidewalk. Trottoir. Kaaibaand
Meat toppings Beleg. toeloag
Meanwhile Ondertussen Meepesant
Getting on well together, goed met elkaar overweg kunnen, akkedeere.
And as we say here, "houdoe en bedankt wâr" (thanks and goodbye)