I'm Tsveti and I live with my husband in our beautiful capital Sofia. We both love travelling - around Bulgaria and the world. Everywhere we go I try to get for myself at least one of the following three things: at least one postcard, a magnet for my fridge and postage stamps. I usually end up posting postcards to myself :-D
I like knowing more and more about different cultures. I've always adored reading about the history, culture, language, geography, cities/capitals, etc. of spots from the whole world.
Would you please write something more about the subject of the postcard or something else which you think would be interesting for me to know?
If you're from countries such as Belarus, Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine, etc. would you please write in your language? Our languages are so, so similar and sometimes I feel ridiculous for writing messages in English to your countries, and at least I'd like to try my reading skills if not writing skills. I'll answer most probably in English/Bulgarian.
If you're from the Czech Republic, Poland or Slovakia - could you write a sentence in your language with a translation? In some cases I manage to understand the basic meaning and it's quite a fun. :)
While I'm not picky about postcards, and I would be happy with practically each one I get, here is a list which would give you a good idea of my postcard interests:
* national costumes
* mountain huts
* rituals/traditions/carnivals with masks (e.g. mummers, Pauliteiros of Portugal, Morris dancers from England, Buso from Hungary, etc.)
* UNESCO sites (please write UNESCO somewhere on the card)
* from Germany - Bismarck towers http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bismarckturm
* stone crosses in fields
* Inge Löök's Old Ladies
* Inga Paltser's owl postcards
* Irina Zenyuk's blue cats series
* views from the country/region/city/village,etc. you live in.
* anything else which you think will make a good surprise.
My blog with thematic postcards