Greetings from the East Coast of Massachusetts! I look forward to receiving postcards from all corners of the world. I have been collecting postcards for over 25 years and will appreciate each and every postcard I receive! My husband and I love the beach and I adore all things Disney, so our travel tends to be limited to Walt Disney World in Florida and DCL cruises to the Caribbean.
I am looking forward to getting mail from all the places I may never get to visit so ANY postcard will be welcome! If possible, please send real postcards with no envelopes. Views of any beach where you live would be an especially fabulous addition to my collection, as would any Disney card you might send!
For those of you who are looking for more unique ideas, here are some random themes related to items I collect or just simply adore:
* any beach views - especially of your home, as well as anything ocean or nautical related
* ANYTHING and EVERYTHING Disney! (I’m obsessed)
* Winnie the Pooh - classic or modern, I just love that silly old bear!
* anything with Jim Henson’s fantastic Muppets or Sesame Street characters
* children’s book illustrations - I'm a preschool teacher and literally own hundreds of children's books!
* pigs, hedgehogs, ladybugs or any other sweet little critter you might find
* birds - red cardinals, swans, sandpipers, owls and doves are among my favorites
* flowers and fairies - especially hydrangea, lilacs and, of course, Tinker Bell!
* antiques - especially vintage cameras, toys or teacups
* anything related to Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Downton Abbey, Jane Austen's stories, Anne of Green Gables or my beloved Mary Poppins - I am quite convinced that I should have been born in another place and time!
* Coca Cola, it's classic - and so refreshing!
* The lovely Audrey Hepburn or Dame Julie Andrews; or the “King” Elvis Presley - Thank you, thank you very much!
* American art from Norman Rockwell, Charles Wysocki or the like
* French impressionist art from greats like Renoir, Monet and Degas
* The Royal Family - especially The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge; I find them quite enchanting, so much like a modern day fairy tale!
* Surely, during holidays such as Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas, theme related postcards would be most cheerful to receive!
Like so many, I too am an avid, amateur photographer, so any postcard made from a photo you have taken yourself, at home or on vacation, will top this list. I love, love, LOVE to take photographs and would be delighted to see the world through another's eyes!
I am so excited to be a part of such a fantastic, positive global project like Postcrossing, I only wish I found it sooner! It just goes to show that it really is "a small world after all"! Wishing you peace, love and happiness, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!