Hello Postcrossers! I am a Scientist (in training) and an Anthropologist (at heart) living in the Greater Washington, DC area. Besides spending a lot of time on my studies, I deeply enjoy snail mail, exploring new cities, trying new things, museums, learning new languages, and STICKERS. I'd be happy to be pen pals if you're looking for someone to swap travel stories with.
Please, check my collection that I share with my family before choosing a postcard for me to avoid duplicates: https://voopostcards.shutterfly.com. Make sure to click "Show: All" on the top left of the album.
NEW INTEREST: Postallove.. Love to be here series featuring Poland mountains and lakes
Here are some postcard themes that I love:
1. Postallove "Greetings From…" series with stamps and postmarked from the country shown. WISHLIST:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
Finland - new version only
**I have GF USA for direct swap if you have any of the above**
2. Flags of the World from Postcardsmarket.com: I HAVE NL, CZ, RO, EU, LU, ID, CN, HU, JP, KR, DE, GB, BE, IT, PL, SG, BG, ES, FR
3. National symbols of the world from Postcardsmarket.com
4. Postal Love Continent series: South America, Africa, North America (sent from actual continent)
5. Space or Yuri Gagarin
6. Postcards showing your military
7. Nature: mountains, national parks, oceans, lakes, forests
9. Maps: countries, cities, metro
11. Universities and Science
12. Shape cards and 3D cards
13. Four seasons: spring, summer, fall, and winter in your country
14. Spooky places
15. Lali Riddles
16. Any tourist-type postcard you'd buy while on vacation :)
17. Doors and windows in your country
18. US States nightlife depicting cartoon shapes of animals and lost tourists
19. Blue cat
20. Historical females who have made a difference for women
Please, no advertisement postcards or handmade postcards. I appreciate art but prefer real postcards for this hobby.
Please, tell me about yourself: your dreams and about yourself. I would also love to learn about your city, country, and why you chose the postcard you did!
Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful community of friendship <3