Hello fellow Postcrossers!
I'm Tania! I live in Germany but was born in Scotland. I am half Scottish and half Swiss.
I really like science and art. I love to travel to new places (and always buy lots of postcards!!) and I like to receive cards from places I haven't been before...they give me ideas for future travels. Maybe you have a card from somewhere you have visited that you'd like to send me. I like reading about other people's travels too. Maybe you could recommend something to visit in your town or city. I love to visit cites and towns, but also really like to be out in nature, so postcards of landscapes or nature are very welcome too. Really, I'm happy receiving any card at all! Why not tell me why you picked the card you send me?
My favourites are all postcards I have recieved, but I really don't mind getting doubles. Every card is special to me!!
If you want some suggestions, I always like to recieve the following types of cards:
- Tourist cards of your country/city/region (single or multi-view)
- Illustrated views of your country/city/region or somewhere you have visited (like a cartoon version of a city map, or an illustration of a particular landmark)
- colourful cards
- beautiful landscapes
- something traditional from your country (people in the traditional costume, some traditional food, a card showing some traditional celebration or activity in your country - tell me about your country's customs!)
- art (postcards showing paintings or sculptures. I personally like works from late 1800s - mid-1900s but always appreciate reading about an artist the sender likes and why they like them)
- interesting architecture (modern or older)
I register cards on the day I recieve them and accept that sometimes cards will get lost or take longer than 60 days. For me that is just part of Postcrossing. I always have quite a few expired cards which seem not to have reached their destination yet, and I quite like that.....I wonder if they will ever get there. So, I don't register cards if I have not recieved them either.
I look forward to seeing the world through the postcards you send me!!