* I'm doing a project for my nephew's senior year of high school. His name is Joshua and he's 17 years old. If you would like to help, please send a postcard addressed to Joshua instead of me (use my address, though). If you would please write a good luck message or advice for the future. He likes military (he's planning on joining the Marines), airplanes, football (especially Auburn), traveling, and camping. His nickname is J. Thank you so much!*
My name is Susan. I'm a single mom to 5, plus 1 in Heaven. My children are Lauran (13), Savion (11), Jasmine (5), Julianne (or Julie)(4), and Henry (2). We live in a tiny town near Savannah, Georgia. Savannah is beautiful, with old southern charm, beaches, saltwater marshes, and Spanish moss. I love that the ocean isn't too far away. When I need to relax, or when life gets overwhelming, I can find peace beside the sea. I believe I have saltwater in my soul!
If you know Spanish, please write to me in Spanish. My younger 3 children have family in Central America, so anything Spanish related (language, culture, etc) is welcome.
Actually any language is welcome. Languages are so beautiful and interesting. I want to teach my children about this amazing, diverse world we live in. There is so much we can learn from other places and cultures. There is so much more to life than the southern United States!
Ibn Batutta said, "Traveling- it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller." I find this so true! I love to travel, but with 5 kids, I don't get to often. I do save for and plan 1 vacation a year.
My favorite postcards are typical tourist ones. I like to see what your city, state, country, has to offer. I'm always happy to receive one. Single and multi view welcome. I also like recipe postcards; I try every recipe I receive. I adore India, so that's always welcome. And Harry Potter...
I decided to do a monthly theme this year. But I'll be happy with anything you choose! Please know that my children will see every postcard, so keep it child appropriate. Other than that, I like EVERY postcard.
• January: map, flag
• February: Valentine's Day, love, wedding
• March: weather related: storm, lightening, tornado
• April: manatee, sea creatures, fish
• May: airplane, airport, helicopter
• June: summer, beaches, water, ship, boat
• July: mermaid, unicorn, fairy, elf
• August: animals, especially elephants, dinosaur
• September: cartoons, Disney
• October: Halloween, fall, pumpkin
• November: princesses, royal family
• December: Christmas, snow
Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? What is your dream trip/vacation? Where is your favorite place or the best place you've ever visited?
If you would like to exchange coins or magnets, please let me know. I would love to! My email address is email@example.com
Updated January 1, 2019