my name is Kirsten from Cologne, DE - now I live in Maastricht, NL.
Deutschsprachige Postcrosser dürfen mir gerne in meiner Heimatsprache schreiben, ich freue mich immer, Deutsch zu lesen.
Please, make use of the space on the back of the card, the message is just as much fun as the front, no text at all I find rather rude - on the card and in your profile or when registering a card you have received.
I am looking forward to receiving postcards from the places you live and get to know you a little. Let me know your favourite book or movie and your fav movie from your own country, your favourite baking or cooking recipe, your favourite animal, continent, holiday.
I do enjoy reading, travelling, make my roof terrace flower and baking my own bread. My favourite continent is Africa, where I have travelled a lot over the last 25 years. One day I want to sail to Antarctica.
And one day I want to live in a big city again, love the vibe of it.
Tell me (if you know and want to share) why your parents gave you the name you have. What inspired them? Do you like your name?
I am happy about ANY postcard with ANY picture on it.
Get whimsical and surprise me with something I would have never expected, I just would like to give a few ideas on the way for the undecided NO demands, only suggestions
- Flamingos, flamingos, flamingos...they can be drawn or painted, glitzy and glossy or a photo of a real one, my collection is growing...
- inspirational women (artists, writers, scientists...)
- illustrations by artists such as Molly Brett, Kristina Crocus, Charis Bartsch, Hanna Dale, Kate Greenaway, Maja Lindberg, Marit Björnegran, Marjolein Bastin, Gaelle Boissonnard, Corinne Demuynck, Wrendale Design...... in general I think, the world is prettier in illustrations
- Street Art
- Inge Löök (gnomes,garden, x-mas)
- classic / vintage Disney or Warner Brothers Looney Tunes characters
- Vintage garden dwarfs, gnomes or just vintage :-)
- Mainzelmännchen Karten aus Deutschland
- Cologne illustrations by Gerda Laufenberg
- ... and have I mentioned flamingos yet? ;-)
- to JAPANESE postcrossers: I received (August 2019) my first ukiyoe artist Hokusai card "36 views on Mt. Fuji" . It would be amazing to manage to collect ALL cards of them. I have # 1, 2, 3, 15, 29, 34....Thirty more views to go… ありがとうございました
…. or traditonal KIMONO paintings are also very much appreciated!
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE NICE CARDS AND THOUGHTS PUT INTO IT, I LOVE IT ALL!!
I do find that a lot of postcrossers are postmen/women or postal office workers, I love that fact!
Hope to read from you soon, SURPRISE ME!!
*** in December I always send out cards which support a good cause (Dana Cards, UNICEF, WWF etc) that might mean that I am not necessarily checking your wish list, which I usually do and LOVE to find a special card for you, I hope you don´t mind and I certainly also don´t mind to receive cards for a good cause all year round