snailmailpostcards(or Lisa) is a member in Australia . She has been a member for over 1 year (528 days).
Hi! I'm Lisa and I live in Melbourne, Australia.
I love to travel, and would love to learn about all the interesting places to visit all over the world, both touristy places and places that are hidden from the traditional tourist trails. I would love to receive a postcard of a place in your country that I should visit.
Touristic postcards are my favourite. If you have a postcard of the US city of Chicago, you'd make my day! I love the shows Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Chicago Med, so I'd love to visit Chicago one day.
I collect stamps, currency (both coins and banknotes) and tickets (train/bus/ferry/tram/public transport/movie/event/parking etc). If you'd like to send something with your postcard that would be awesome!
I am especially interested in collecting Australian stamps with the blue 'International Post' bit on them, as I don't see many of them. If you have any of these stamps feel free to send them - you'd make my day!
If you can't think of anything to write, I'd be happy to receive a postcard decorated with used stamps, or blank in an envelope.
Postcards that I already have can be found here in the appropriate albums https://www.flickr.com/photos/suburbwandererpostcrossing/albums
Things I like:
- History, vintage and retro - basically just old stuff in general.
- Pikachu (Pokemon)
- Daleks & Tardis (Dr Who)
- Windmills and wind turbines
- "Greetings from" series I have Belarus, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Poland - (except the wheat one), Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine - see them here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/suburbwandererpostcrossing/albums/72157673963685153
- US States
- US States/Cities "Greetings From"
- Unofficial "Greetings from" style
- 'Flags of the world' series - I don't have any yet.
- City/town skylines
- Planes (Concord is my favourite), boats/ships/ferries etc, maps, transport, monorails, steam trains etc
- Neon signs and just random signs in general
- Sculpture, art, art installations etc - the more random the better - eg: I love the big things around Australia like The Big Banana, The Big Prawn etc. I would love to see what random sculpture there is around the world.
- Ad/free cards with good pictures, especially vintage advertisements and ones advertising a place.
Can't wait to hear from you!