Hello, my name is Simona. I am from Lithuania. I like watching films and serials, listening all kind of music, travel, sometimes read books when I find very interesting one or is recommended. One member have sent me a book of bookcrossing.com I would recommend to visit those who are interesting in reading books. It is interesting project :) My hobbies - cross stitching and Postcrossing. I like to search for a new postcards in city, bookstores, places where I have visited.
The newest hobby is to track the list of stamps that I am receiving with postcards/letters. I am not taking away stamps from cards I am just tracking. Also, interesting to read for what occasion one or another stamp was released. Here is the list that I already have: https://colnect.com/lt/stamps/countries/collection/Simuke
Here is suggestion what kind of card themes I would like to receive but it is just a suggestion:
- Films (especially Quentin Tarantino, Star Wars films postcards);
- Serials (especially Lost, Friends, House MD., Bones, CSI, Grey's Anatomy, Vikings, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, La Casa de Papel (Money Heist), Witcher...);
- Royal families;
- Olympic games;
- Eurovision song contest;
- science, formulas, numbers;
- Woman in Science series cards (I already have Ada Lovelace, Alice Ball, Christiane Nusslein-Volhard, Elizabeth Blackburn, Esther Lederberg, Florence Bascom, Grace Hopper, Hedy Lamarr, Hertha Ayrton, Hypatia, Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Katherine Johnson, Katia Krafft, Lillian Gilbreth, Mamie Phipps Clark, Maria Goeppert-Mayer, Marie Curie, May-Britt Moser, Rachel Carson, Rosalind Franklin, Sau Lan Wu, Sylvia Earle, Valentina Tereshkova);
- cross-stitching schemes;
- maps of different countries/districts;
- traditional clothes;
Please don't send hand made, blank (it is not real postcard for me), Covid-19 related cards.
Please, write interesting/rare fact, special date about your country.
Have a nice Postcrossing! Happy New Year!
P.S. Some postcrossers write expired cards list. Yes, I have also but I want to share other statistic regarding same picture cards. I have received only 5 duplicated cards (with same picture) of about 700 received cards via Postcrossing :)
RU-8065271 & RU-8181487, received in the same week but was sent in 100 days difference
DE-9364181 & CH-456401
US-6273143 & RU-7527391, received from different person, country at the same day :)
MY-499167 & MY-499658
DE-7894967 & DE-7696978
Updated 13th of January, 2021.