scandalous(or Jennifer) is a member in United States of America . She has been a member for over 9 years (3,494 days).
People call me Jena or Red. I'm a writer who frequently flitters back and forth between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
It's been quite an adventure the last couple of years. There's been quite a bit of tragedy but there has also been some bittersweet and beautiful. You can read more about it in my blog LGBC linked above.
That said, here are my requests:
*I could use your loving support in the form of one phrase on cards sent to me: #SaveJonas
This would be amazing!*
Please send me your (uploaded photo) card dated, stamped (please not the barcode stamps if possible) (Braille stamps are awesome too), and handwritten.
I want to learn what life is on your end of the world & what makes you tick. Please tell me something that inspires you & why. Tell me something silly. Tell me a secret. Give me directions to your favorite place. Give me your book recommendations & quotes. Write me a poem, story or haiku. I would love for you to teach me something in a different language. Cocktail or dessert recipes are nifty too.
I'm immensely interested in art, science, and all things both whimsical and unusual and thus, would love for you to send me the following cards (the higher up on the list it is, generally is the more desirable it is to me):
- Scientific, philosophical diagrams. Anything about taxidermy, dissection or internal anatomy of animals, plants, insects, and fossils.
- Illustrations and /or photos of aviary: birds, airplanes, insects, kites, etc.
- Freakshow stuff.
- Nautical cards- grid maps, ships, anchors, stars, compass, wheels, underwater life (seahorses, seals, starfish, barrier reef)
-Roller derby teams, vintage roller skates & bicycles
-Old Famous Authors
- Psychology or Zodiac wheels.
-Japanese street fashion, geisha/meikos, kawaii/cute things, pastries, origami
- Spooky style cards like cemeteries, ghosts, zombies or occult
-Old Religious Art
-National Park or Science Center Cards
-Vintage fashion: patterns, pictures
- Advertisements from decades ago- specifically Parisian alcohol, 50s home & gardens, classic cars, & lingerie ads
-Pulp Comics/sci-fi art/stories
- Artistic cards: specifically Asian, watercolor, woodblock, modern, or renaissance era paintings or drawings. (I enjoy most all art, however, the more unusual, the better)
- Dancers (especially vintage dancers), Ballerinas, 80s hip hop, folk, etc.
- Classical pictures from time long past
-People with books
-Carnivals. Ferris wheels.
- Grandfather clocks
- Handmade cards
- Wind up toys & kitsch
-Owls, foxes, deer (especially drawn art)
- Phone booths
-Graphitti Art- such as Banksy, Dalek or other urban street art
-Comic Book or video game related cards
-Movie stars from the golden era: Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Betty Paige, etc
Trades & fuchico & airline miles always welcome