Hi there my fellow postcrossers!
I am a full-time working millenial living in Riga, Latvia. Between work and life in general, I do my best to dedicate my free time to those closest to me, as well as my hobbies and recharging.
I consider myself a bookaholic as I love to read and love books in general, as well as a cinephile and overall a nerd and geek all wrapped in one (love Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Star Wars). I also love going to theatre, opera and ballet, listening to different style of music (highest love for the The Beatles, Queen, Elvis, all kinds of jazz, 2Cellos etc.). I love to travel, learning about new and old cultures, art and traditions. Love going to museums. I am a HUGE sports fan (I do not play, but you will always find me cheering my favourite teams on in the stands or screaming at the TV or computer screen). I love basketball and ice hockey passionately - from local to international levels through across different professional leagues (NBA, NHL, KHL), as well as other sports like football, track-and-field, swimming, tennis etc., and, of course, Summer and Winter Olympics are simply a must. Every achievement from Latvian athletes during any kind of international competitions makes me ecstatic and so incredibly proud.
And ... I absolutely adore Postcrossing, postcards and stamps!
If you happen to share my interests/hobbies or you just have something you want to tell me, feel free to write about it or, e.g. your completely unique hobby in your postcard, make it personal, special. Favorite book, music, movie, place to visit, some funny / lovely memories etc. Or if you want to discuss Game of Thrones or Harry Potter with me, please, feel free!
Postcards I like:
- nature (mountains, anything with water(e.g. beaches, rivers, lakes, waterfalls), your national nature symbols (birds, animals, flowers));
- cities, also at night, city panoramas;
- monumental architecture (e.g. bridges, palaces, skyscrapers);
- map/multi/single view touristic;
- black and white, artistic (I love impressionism and artworks by Dali, Klimt and Mucha, also photography);
- sport-related (basketball, ice hockey, Olympic games etc.);
- DC or Marvel comics related, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Star Wars themed card (would make my nerdastic geek heart extremely happy);
- cinema & book-related;
- something cute, lovely (e.g. Paddington & Pooh bears, Disney animated movies, also love owls, squirrels and hedgehogs in all their variations ^.^).
I don't mind you sending me a card from your recent travel or the places you want to visit (like a dream destination), if you do not have any others or just really want to send that one. I would be thrilled to receive such a postcard. I might send one, too.
Please, no ad-cards, they seem soulless to me.
Please write something in your language and translate it in one of the languages I understand.
A date on the card would be highly appreciated, too.