My name is Lexi (Alexandra) and I live in a village near Cologne with my husband and my daughters.
During my free time I enjoy to read, to cook tasty vegetarian meals and to spend time with my family.
On weekends I like to visit flea markets for I collect historical postcards.
It would give me great pleasure to hear something about you - your everyday life, your favourite meals, your favourite quote or interesting little facts from your country.
I like to receive real postcards, hand written and stamped. No envelopes if it is possible. Nice stamps are highly appreciated. (I think Postcrossing is for postcards only and folded greeting cards, letters or photos in envelopes are no postcards!!!) Nice AD-cards, free cards and handmade are OK if they conform to my favourites. I´m not so keen on fun/comic cards and unknown buildings/landscapes without any explanation.
I always read the addressee´s profile to find a matching card and hope you can do the same for me though I appreciate all cards that I find in my mailbox.
Most I enjoy portrait photo cards of old and very old people - very interesting and even beautiful in my opinion. Do you know the great book "100 Years Joy Of Life - Wisdom, Love, Laughter"? It portraits 52 centenarians all over the world:
Beside this I love to receive following postcards:
* portrait photo cards of people´s faces - male or female, famous or unknown
* red haired people
* American natives, First Nations People
* cards with vegetarian or vegan statement
(for example: https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/US-3283556 )
* photographic art by Robert Jahns, streetart by Herakut
* TV series "Sherlock BBC", "Once Upon A Time" and "Game Of Thrones", James Dean and anything about his movies
* British and Dutch Royalty
* anything related to Titanic (both historic pictures and the movie!)
* anything related to pharmacy/apothecary
* spiral staircases and other stairways
* very colourful/rainbow coloured cards
* Postallove "Greetings from" cards (so far I´ve got BE, CN, FI, FR, JP, NL, PL, RU, SI, CH, TW and US )
* cards showing the same view in former times and today or in all four seasons
* Black&White with one colourful spot
* Ferris wheels, Merry-go-round
* lighthouses (in stormy sea I like best)
* aurora borealis/aurora australis
* photocards of ravens and crows, owls, kingfishers white storks, singing birds (robins!!!)
* same of wolves, foxes and cats
* lily of the valley, dandelion/blowball, fly agaric and all kinds of berries
* Or look at my favourites. There are a lot of beautiful or interesting postcards I didn´t receive by now.