Hello there! :D First off, if you received a card from me, I am so sorry for my terrible handwriting. That aside...
I recently moved from Detroit to Sheboygan, Wisconsin, where I live alone and work as a chemist. When not in the lab, I enjoy watching anime, drawing, reading (non-fiction), listening to metal, and writing in my journal. I also collect rubber ducks! The one in my profile pic is named Dr. Reducks, he was found at a chemistry conference and now sits on my desk at work.
I got interested in Postcrossing while studying in Berlin (German-speakers, please write in German so I don't forget the language entirely ;) ). I love to travel, so far I have been to: CA, MX, GB, RU, UA (Lviv), CH, JP, SG, KH, ID (Jakarta), TH (Bangkok), 13 US states and 15 EU countries. Places I most want to visit in the future: Iceland, New Zealand, Argentina, the southwest US, Turkey, Georgia (the country), Vietnam.
All cards are welcome, though I'd prefer no free/ad cards (unless you have one that perfectly fits my interests!) My favorites:
- Outer space, sci-fi, aliens, science
- Dark/horror cards: monsters, ghosts, skulls, skeletons, zombies, Halloween, anything creepy or gruesome is more than welcome!
- Propaganda, war, military
- Anime, manga, comic book covers
- Octopi, squids, jellyfish
- Insects, spiders
- Postcards from museums you have visited
- Famous artists: Francis Bacon, Hieronymus Bosch, Pietr Bruegel the Elder, M.C. Escher
- Medieval paintings, manuscripts
- USA: Lantern press, national parks, cards with the city/state name in big letters --> https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/US-5684051
- Poland: Polish movie posters, Zdzislaw Beksinski.
Not really a fan of: dogs, multiviews, quotes.
For those who don't know what to write: If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be? Any book recommendations, especially non-fiction? What music do you listen to?
Thank you for reading this far, have a nice day :)