Hello there! :D
I'm a chemist from Michigan. When not working in the lab, I enjoy watching anime, drawing, playing the piano, reading (non-fiction), and writing in my journal. My favorite music is metal and industrial, but I don't go to shows much-- I prefer to listen to it by myself and head-bang, sometimes while doing housework. I also collect rubber ducks! The one in my pic is from a chemistry conference.
I got interested in Postcrossing while studying in Berlin. I love to travel, so far I have been to: CA, MX, GB, RU, UA (Lviv), CH, JP, SG, KH, ID (Jakarta), TH (Bangkok), 12 US states and 15 EU countries. Places I most want to visit in the future: Iceland, India, New Zealand, Argentina, the southwest US, Turkey, Georgia (the country), Vietnam.
German-speakers: please write in German so I can practice the language, thank you.
Please don't send free/ad cards unless they perfectly fit my interests, otherwise all cards are welcome. My favorites:
- Outer space, sci-fi, aliens, science
- Dark/horror cards: monsters, ghosts, skulls, skeletons, zombies, Halloween
- Propaganda, war, military
- Comic book covers
- Octopi, squids, jellyfish
- Insects, birds
- Famous artists: Francis Bacon, Hieronymus Bosch, Pietr Bruegel the Elder, M.C. Escher
- Medieval paintings, manuscripts
- USA: Lantern press, national parks, cards with the city/state name in this style--> https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/US-5684051
- Poland: Polish movie posters, Zdzislaw Beksinski.
Not really a fan of: dogs, multiviews, quotes.
If you don't know what to write: If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be? Any book recommendations, especially non-fiction? What music do you listen to?
Thank you for reading this far, have a nice day :)