rorylitwin(or Rory) is a member in United States of America . He has been a member for 11 months (328 days).
I live in Sacramento, which is the state capitol of California. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area which is nearby. I live alone with a cat, and I work from home, running a business that publishes books and offers online classes for librarians' continuing education.
I am interested in all sorts of postcards, but some things I like are:
- artistic or unusual
- something from your native culture, folk art
- postcards that are made by artists, or homemade
- books and libraries
- modern and contemporary art, actually any art
- antique or mid 20th-century postcards
- cars and transportation
- birds and nature
- portraits of interesting people
- vintage erotica
- anything unusual, including the bizarre or strange
- advertisements are great; they can be interesting
- national or regional flags
- map cards
I do not like typical tourist postcards.
I'd like it if you wrote something in your native language, with a translation. Languages and writing systems are very interesting to me.
If you want an idea for what to write about:
- your thoughts on God (or non-God)
- your thoughts about politics
- a secret
- song lyrics from your country, translated
- something about the person you love
- something interesting about your town or city
- your favorite foods
- what have you studied
- some odd facts about a hobby or interest of yours
- some odd facts about your job
- a drawing
I've really enjoyed Postcrossing so far. I like seeing all the surprising cards and reading the wide range of messages. I enjoy seeing everybody's different handwriting. (I apologize that mine is so terrible.)
I have been building a rich collection of cards to send based on people's interests. I like picking out just the right card based on what I can tell about a person. The ideal card is one that a person will appreciate but has not asked for directly and may not have imagined existing. Next to that is the card that is not exactly loved but which provokes thought because it brings something new. I will send the latter kind when I don't have anything in my collection that seems like a clear match for a person. We all have different tastes.