rorylitwin(or Rory) is a member in United States of America . He has been a member for 8 months (239 days).
I live in Sacramento, which is the state capitol of California. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area which is nearby. I live alone with a cat, and I work from home, running a business that publishes books and offers online classes for librarians' continuing education.
I am interested in all sorts of postcards, but some things I like are:
- artistic or unusual
- something from your native culture, folk art
- postcards that are made by artists, or homemade
- books and libraries
- modern and contemporary art, actually any art
- antique or mid 20th-century postcards
- cars and transportation
- birds and nature
- portraits of interesting people
- vintage erotica
- anything unusual, including the bizarre or strange
- advertisements are great; they can be interesting
- national or regional flags
- map cards
I do not like typical tourist postcards.
I'd like it if you wrote something in your native language, with a translation. Languages and writing systems are very interesting to me.
If you want an idea for what to write about:
- your thoughts on God (or non-God)
- your thoughts about politics
- a secret
- song lyrics from your country, translated
- something about the person you love
- something interesting about your town or city
- your favorite foods
- what have you studied
- some odd facts about a hobby or interest of yours
- some odd facts about your job
- a drawing