Hello! I'm a 55 year old math-nerd who in her spare (ha) time enjoys playing ice hockey (Yes, really), bowling, swimming, reading, jigsaw puzzles, drawing, gardening, photography, crochet & cross-stitch. I like to stay busy!
I really enjoy single or multi-view cards of actual places, especially when they have the name of the city or country on them or something like that. So if you have those, its perfect for me. Single views of your city are actually my very favorite!
Cards that I really enjoy receiving are:
• Sports stadiums, arenas or sports themed (Hockey, Baseball & Football are my favorites, but ANY sport is welcome!!)
• City Views (Single and Multiviews are both welcome!)
• Mapcards (State, Country, City, Etc)
• “Old” or “Official” buildings (Castles, Churches, Universities, Clock Towers, Government Type Buildings, etc)
• Dogs (especially Cavalier King Charles breed - I have three of them named Cooper, Murray & Buddy, they're my profile photo and I love them so!)
• Panda Bears
• Lipizzaner Stallions
• Beer (including ad cards)
• Flags (city, state, country, FOTW etc)
• Broadway Theater (I do love Hamilton)
• History (especially World War II, Holocaust, US Civil War, ad cards for things like history related museums are great, I welcome them!!)
• Christmas postcards are welcome during Christmas season!!!
If you don't have any of my favorites, there is no need to worry! Please just pick a card that you would like to receive - I've actually had pleasant surprises and they are cards I wouldn't think to ask for!. I will say though - I’m not really a big fan of art cards, cat cards, flowers, or the Penguin Books bookcover cards, so if at all possible, please save those for someone who does like them. But, again, if that's all you have to send? That's ok!! I'm also not worried about duplicates. It's bound to happen. As far as I'm concerned, every card is still unique because the sender, the message, the writing, and even the stamps are all different. So don't worry about that!
Life is too short to be upset by a postcard! :)
I do like to save banknotes also - if you are interested in trading postcards, a US Banknote, or something else for a banknote, I would be happy to swap.
*** I am going to ask ONE favor to everyone who writes to me. If English is not your native language? Please. Do NOT apologize if your English is not good. In my opinion, anyone who attempts to learn another language is just awesome and the only apology one needs is for not trying. So to those of you whose English isn't perfect? I think you are awesome for writing in a language other than your own, please don't ever apologize for what we call "Stepping outside of your comfort zone" and doing something different. KUDOS!! ***