I hope you’re getting as big a kick out of PXing as I am. Here are some particular favorites:
- bicycling or bicycles. If you don't have a card, draw a bike!
- Sauna, sweatlodge, banya, spa, Kur
- Krampus, Perchten or Certa
- 3D (lenticular) cards
- jellyfish, sea dragons, sea horses
- Hundertwasser, Afremov, Frida Kahlo
- Jetoy, Studio Ghibli, Miyazaki
- Cemeteries, funerary practices, ossuaries
- ethnic and racial diversity
- regional or traditional costumes and handiwork
- any arts and crafts; your artwork; crochet & patterns
- recipe cards (not meat though)
- packaging cut into postcards
- people at work
- postal themes
I love special stamps!
Tell me about hot political or cultural topics in your country. I appreciate hearing all points of view. Or tell me about a myth, superstition or local belief common in your area - what’s a way to ensure good luck? What do you do with baby teeth? How might you avoid having some kind of a bad outcome?
I am learning calligraphy. I have a terrific partner and 2 grown kids. I ride a bike, load it on a bus or train to get to as many places as possible. I was selected Bike Commuter of the Year :-) https://bikeeastbay.org/bcoy_2013
I love arts and crafts like ceramics, crochet, and sewing, and enjoy gardening (succulents, poppies, fruit and 🥑 trees) and baking.
Want to see the giant puppets I made for the San Francisco Pride Parade? Here's a short clip: https://youtu.be/h24RE6o-mrE I'm operating the silver one. Maybe I'll improve on the design. Share your ideas with me :-)
(For a time i shared this account with my mom. She recently passed away peacefully. She adored PXing to the end! Thanks to all who gave her so much happiness)
Thank you! We all make Postcrossing the joy that it is!!!