I'm from the Ruhr Area in Germany and like living here. But I also love other countries and therefore I travel a lot. Up to now mostly Europe, but I hope I will see other continents in future (but I'm afraid of long distance flights). First step is watching postcards from all over the world :-)
Apart from travelling I like books, plants, painting and being creative in general. Sometimes (and if it is welcome) I tinker or draw the cards I send with postcrossing myself. Or I print (or let print) a photo me or my boyfriend took. (Sometimes Photoshop is a little helper).
I like (no specific order)
- bright colours
- handmade cards (tinkered, drawn, photo...)
- watching series (Elementary, Dexter, Lost, Twin Peaks, Eureka, Misfits, Star Trek...)
- reading (I love books, tell me, what you like most)
- books from Stephen King, Sergei Lukjanenko, Boris Vian...
- comics (Tintin, Asterix + Obelix, Lucky Luke, Disney, Peanuts, Simpsons...)
- drawing and painting (which kind of art do you like?)
- art (paintings (surrealism), sculptures, design, fashion)
- music (Cat Stevens, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Alt-J, Die Ärzte, Pink Floyd...)
- gardening (I wish I had a big garden, not only the small yard behind the house)
- joking and telling funny or sometimes strange, weird stories
I'm looking forward to get postcards from you. Feel free in your choice - I like nearly all subjects. No problem with selfmade cards - I would enjoy! Please give me a few words , about your country, your city, about yourself or what you like/dislike or why you chose this card for me. Or just tell me a short story. It must not be the truth :-). It would be nice to read a few words in your native language with translation to English.
I appreciate the time you spend to send a card to me. I always think I can feel the smile you send with it.
So, "Happy Postcrossing"!
Greetings from Germany
!For all people from Finland:
My mother is 79 years old and doesn't have internet. She learned your language years ago and she have not so many people in Finland to get post from them anymore. So if you like to write to her instead of me just add "Elisabet c/o" to my address. I will register your card and give it to her. If she wants to answer something I will send you a message. I'm sure she will be lucky to read some finish words. Should be a surprise!